[waves awkwardly]

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Quicksilver, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Hi, all. I'm Quicksilver. Math/science nerd, ladyperson, general anime/video game fandom geek. Tumblr Old (in my thirties) and a professor. I'm going to be pretty cagey about my current location as I'm pre-tenure and the last thing I want is people at my tenure meeting talking about Quicksilver's Thoughts On Yaoi.

I'm kind of socially awkward, and as a result of this there is a 50% chance that I will make a flurry of posts here for the next few weeks and then abruptly disappear when I decide I've made too much of an awkward ass of myself. ^_^;;;

But for now, I'm here on account of LadyNighteyes, who kept talking about the awesome threads she's participated in. And after browsing the public threads I figured people seemed pretty cool and more laid back than Tumblr.

• Like x 2
  2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Welcome to Kintsugi! Excellent choice of name. ;)

• Like x 1
  3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Sorry for being contagious. :::PPP

5. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Excellent choice of characters for an avatar too! ^u^

7. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Hello fellow lady-person math/science nerd! I'm more on the science than math side, but I respect math and even enjoy it sometimes.

I see you're a professor, would you mind if I asked generals about it? I'm in grad school at the moment and really leaning towards the teaching side of things (when I went in thinking "Research!!").

If you do mind, please don't feel at all hesitant to say so! I don't want to push your boundaries.

9. Thanks! Mercury's actually a handle I've used elsewhere, so I've already had a few "???? but I didn't post that ????" moments, seeing your name on the boards. =P Hopefully I won't be inflicting the same brief confusions on you!

Feel free! I'm at a SLAC (Small Liberal-Arts College), so I'm one of the folks who wound up going the teaching route. Feel free to ask in-forum or PM me, whichever. :)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice