*Waves*

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by novelDaydreamer, Feb 23, 2015.

1. novelDaydreamer

novelDaydreamer Not Appearing In This Avatar

I've been a regular anon/lurker/sender of anecdata on Seebs' tumblr, but I figured I should try writing under a name for a while. Technically I'm novelDaydreamer on tumblr too, but the stress over actually setting up a blog page that people would look at and potentially judge me over meant that I have yet to actually post anything, and I'm not actually sure what it looks like now. Visuals are really not my thing, and neither are computers.

As far as brain things go, I have (probably obvious by now) minor social anxiety issues and perfectionism/procrastination weirdness, but I think that's probably it. Maybe borderline autism specctrum, but my Seebsian assessment matched my personal assessment, which was "no idea, too close to tell." I'm actually one of the ones who has been sending in "good parents" examples, so opposite of issues there. University is trying, but my being at home helps a lot because I have a familiar place to go back to and people to hug when my brain is being stupid.

For fandoms, I jump around a lot, but the major one right now is Homestuck. Harry Potter has been a standby since I was about four, and I also read fic for Naruto, Log Horizon, Avengers, X-Men, Stargate, Bleach, Girl Genius, Buffy, KHR, Black Jewels, Villains by Necessity, Star Wars, Sherlock, Supernatural, The Sentinel, Teen Wolf, Welcome to Night Vale, and probably a lot of others that I'm forgetting. Only seen the source material for about half of those, but fandom osmosis is a wonderful thing.

So... hi! *ducks and runs away*

• Like x 1
  2. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

3. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

4. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

5. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

Hi! I got distracted looking up Villains by Necessity and now I'm trying to track down a copy. Thanks for introducing me to such an interesting obscure series.

6. novelDaydreamer

Yay! It has been probably my favourite book since I was about eight. The characters can be a bit ... well, they're fantasy archetypes, most of them with tragic backstories, the message can be a little heavy-handed, and I cringed a bit when I was reading it during my literary criticism phase, but I still love them and their oversaturated world. It was my first introduction to moral complexity in literature and "dark-is-not-evil," and reading it today, it is really nice to have fantasy protagonists that aren't going "we are killing these faceless characters for a Great and Noble Purpose" but just going "Yeah, we're bastards, but we want to survive, so I guess we're doing this stupid quest." And Sam the assassin was my first literary crush, so there's that too :)

7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

"Series"?

I have a book called that (by Eve Forward, I think?) but "series" sounds different.

8. novelDaydreamer

It's the one you have. So far as I know there's only one book, but I might be wrong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice