Weird Memory Issues

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Spooky Mulder, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Spooky Mulder

Spooky Mulder Quiet places are good places

I've been having weird memory issues for a while. I can remember facts, academic things, and other such things. However, I can't remember dates or if I have told people things even a short while after saying it to them. Like I couldn't remember if I told my mom if a person was getting picked up or not even though I'd already told her. It's probably nothing but it's genuinely worrying me. Help?

2. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

I know there are psychological issues that can cause or contribute to this kind of stuff. I'm not really an expert on them, but there's probably someone on here who knows more about that kind of thing.

That said, if you've also been kind of tired lately, it might be worth asking your doctor to check your Vitamin B12 levels, especially if anything about what foods you eat changed near when you started having issues. Speaking from experience, low B12 can really mess up your memory, but for me, at least, it didn't mess everything up or follow a consistent pattern.

3. Ben

Ben Not entirely unlike a dragon

I've been told it's a dissociation symptom? Possibly?
    I know that my memory problems get worse when I'm tired, so if "more sleep" is an option, that's a good idea.

4. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Dude there are so many possible causes of this that internet advice is pretty much worthless, please go see a doctor.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice