Weirdmageddon Tango OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Weirdmageddon Tango' started by unknownanonymous, Nov 2, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

so, today, i've just used my @Norm the Genie sub for the first time, in the sock puppet war of 2k15, and well, yeah, that got me excited. and well, so @Wiwaxia suggested that, since i wanna continue rping as him here, a pan-fandom rp might be a good idea.

i don't really have any ideas for it, unfortunately. all i really know is that i like playing @Norm the Genie, haha, since well, he's my fave. :D

so yeah, any thoughts, guys? settings? plots? characters you'd like to play? any other stuff i haven't mentioned?

and well, if you wanna do this, say so, even if you don't have any ideas.

edit: and this has became the planning thread for the weirdmaggedon tango (formerly shitpost rave) rp. here's the link to the thread collecting the reference posts about it, so people won't have to read through 100+ pages to find the important stuff.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

my many fantrolls would love another place to stretch their legs. I also have several sci-fi and fantasy ocs, and basically I'm always a slut for rp.

• Like x 2
  3. unknownanonymous

4. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

:-D if I come up with setting or plot ideas I'll say something, but right now my plot brain seems stuck on NaNo

• Like x 1
  5. unknownanonymous

@Kit alright.
    here's a link to the fopwiki page of the character i plan on playing, norm the genie, which when you're ready to come up with ideas, might be useful.

6. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

*stares real hard at this thread*

Multi-fandom just-for-kicks crackfest rps are exactly my jam, but I seem to have suddenly forgotten every single fandom I'm in, and thus can't think of a character I'd like to play. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but the problem is still sort of there. I'll think on it!

• Like x 2
  7. unknownanonymous

@Avery :D
    and don't worry. i totally get what you mean by that. take as much time as you need.

• Like x 1
  8. Acey

Acey it's only tea leaves, stop being dramatic

...Can we play two characters? Because on the one hand, @Damara Megido is a sub I have and she is my beautiful trash waifu and I love RPing her, but on the other, I am enjoying @Ronaldo's conversation with @Norm the Genie in the shitpost thread wayyyyyyyy too much to not RP him anywhere else.

• Like x 2
  9. unknownanonymous

@Acey two characters? yeah, i think so.

and i'm really glad that norm's comment to @Ronaldo and the ensuing conversation went off so well. 'cause after i made that comment, i started wondering if i'd eventually regret it (you know, for tumblr sjw culture-type reasons, over analyzing whether it was ableist and whether if it was, @Norm the Genie's attitude would be thought to reflect on me, that stuff).

• Like x 2
  10. Acey

Nah, don't worry about that. I'm not that type. :P

And honestly, if everyone had the exact same attitudes as their favorite characters, I would be an incredibly unpleasant person to interact with in any way, shape, or form a lot of the time. *glances at Damara* You're cool people, don't worry. :D

• Like x 1
  11. unknownanonymous

@Acey good point there.

but yeah, i do sometimes feel weird about liking him, 'cause of that. and shipping him with crocker. and headcanoning that he could get over his ableism and/or doesn't really mean his ableist remarks in such an ableist way. you know...

12. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

oh good LORD. I had no idea shitposting Ford would be so popular, but I'm in. :) And I think honestly that all the fandom canon characters we've got here (Ford, Norm, Damara, Ronaldo) are known to have regularly scheduled asshole moments and it would be unfair of anyone to think that the roleplayer shares their known issues just for writing them the way they're written.

• Like x 3
  13. unknownanonymous

@cryptoThelematrix yay!

haha yep. none of them are pure cinnamon rolls, too good for this world. (or, at least, none of them are what i think the term means. i may be wrong about that.)

and yeah, that's true. i think i probably wouldn't have gotten so worried if the issue in question, with norm, wasn't ableism or something else of a social justice-type variety, you know... like, if he was just being a regular asshole, in a way that didn't target or seem to target any particular marginalized groups, basically...

14. Acey

Pshh, Damara doesn't have asshole moments. She leads an asshole existence, with occasional moments of vague decency. And that's a pretty big part of why I love her.

And Ronaldo is...Ronaldo. Who I am having a slightly distressing amount of fun RPing.

• Like x 2
  15. cleverThylacine

Ford is a cinnamon roll to me but I know full well he can be a jerk? IDK. um, also, norm and ford's conversation may get a visit from my OC....

• Like x 2
  16. unknownanonymous

@Acey haha yeah.

and now i think about, i think it'd be fair to say that norm has more than asshole moments. he's tried to kill a ten year old, after all.

@cryptoThelematrix sorry! i thought cinnamon rolls were, like, well, steven universe, who doesn't really have that many asshole moments at all and is generally a cute kid. you know, innocent and nice and kind pretty much all the time, doesn't generally hurt anybody...

:D okay!

17. Acey

Steven is the single purest cinnamon roll in the history of the universe (no pun intended).

@cryptoThelematrix, it might help to know the origin of the term "cinnamon roll" to refer to characters? I mean, you might well know it, but if you don't. Basically it comes from an Onion article about a literal cinnamon roll that supposedly looked exceptionally delicious, which had the headline "Beautiful Cinnamon Roll Too Good For This World, Too Pure." So from what I've seen, a cinnamon roll character is one who is generally just sweet and innocent and lovable. (Like @unknownanonymous said, Steven is an excellent example; Calliope could also qualify.) But it could be that the term has evolved somewhat?

• Like x 1
  18. unknownanonymous

@cryptoThelematrix oop! i just checked urbandictionary and i think i was making too much of a binary between "problematic fave" (a term that has not too much bearing on how problematic they are, basically means opposite of cinnamon roll) and "cinnamon roll." ford could qualify for both, i guess, if the urbandictionary definition is correct.

@Acey thanks for the help clearing this up! :D
    i really appreciate it.

• Like x 2
  19. cleverThylacine

whoops wrong account, but Valiska would agree.

• Like x 2
  20. unknownanonymous

@cryptoThelematrix good. i'm glad all we were really having was a clash of meanings. :D

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice