Well This Has Gone Completely Pear Shaped

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Beldaran, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I feel that I want to say I am very dull, and stupid, and get away with it. Well, part of me wants that, and I guess I know I'm not meant to because "getting away with it" is a concern I have.

I want to say that I am dull and stupid without repercussions, but I also don't because that is very unkind, and I do not treat people that way. I am so tired of being kind that I want to cry; I am miserable and it is very unkind of me to leave myself like this, so there is a lot of work to do, and help to ask for, and I'm so tired. I want to curl up in a nest made of pillows and blankets and self loathing with my unbrushed hair and ill-fitting clothes and just marinate in everything self-indulgently awful about myself.

Which is, of course, what I'm doing here in a painfully self-depreciating way.

I am too unhappy to sleep because if I hadn't wasted an entire year doing nothing I'd have a job and feel secure in the fact that I can support my family. My love is miserable in her job; anxious and struggling so badly she ended up in the hospital last night and I wasn't there to help her or do anything at all. And so it is monstrously unfair of me to resist taking care of myself because I will never be in any fit state to care for her if I am not at least somewhat well. And that's the thing, right, because it's not even really my fault that taking care of myself is a chore rather than an instinct and I cannot even blame myself for this in good faith even though I fucking want to.

People want to and do take care of me so it's not like this bullshit is forever; I have therapy in, what, 5 hours?

all i need to do is figure out all i need to do and stop crying over not allowing myself to stay static and unhappy. but it's hard and as much as I want to take care of myself, it feels like i don't want to more.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. Beldaran

And I'm so fucking quick witted that I'm not allowed any rest because yeah, it's not like I don't see that I'm basing my whole desire for self care in how much others need me instead of in any inherent self worth I have as a person worthy of happiness in my own right.

And I know that reasoning away my miserable feelings as unproductive and unhelpful is itself a problem because if I'm ever going to understand and work with the root issues I need to actually sit with this shit for five minutes instead of problem solving immediately.

And I know that I'm stuck here because no matter how much I think through the fact that I hate where I am the effort it takes to get moving and all the false starts are so discouraging that this familiar unhappiness is at least comfortable in its own twisted way. Which I don't want, but need to understand if I'm ever going to do anything about it.

And it's the doing that's hard because I'm already exhausted with myself, god, listen to me. At least with other people's problems I don't have to be thinking about myself in circles until I just want to retreat to fiction so that I'm quiet for a little while.

And I'm so tired.

3. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I dont know what would be helpful to say but im reading these and hearing you.

• Like x 1
  4. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Witnessing. I hope you get some chance to recharge soon.

• Like x 1
  5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Being sad and upset and mad at yourself are human emotions - just like being upset and mad at others is normal. You don't need to constantly make an effort to be kind. Sometimes it's ok to just be yourself even if that means being less than nice. Other people in your life can take it, and so can you. I don't know if these are Right Things to say, but they're still true. Witnessing and hugs.

• Like x 1
  6. Beldaran

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better now that I was able to sleep, but I'm still not happy

A lot of things happened at once; a creepy guy had a very rape themed rant on my girlfriend's Facebook, and was ranting at my husband. Then in a totally unrelated note I learned that she'd driven herself to the hospital with extreme chest pain instead of getting a ride or letting her boss call an ambulance that she wouldn't have had to pay for.

She's okay, it was an anxiety attack, but that means she's feeling so poorly at work that she's having those randomly and I don't want that for her, it's AWFUL.

I don't really want anything out of writing this except sympathy butt pats I suppose, haha. A journal can't go "that sucks" at you, and with a history of being forced to keep all sadness to myself being dramatically pathetic in view of others is kind of a nice self indulgence once in a while. So thank you for reading and letting me know you read.

• Like x 5
  7. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

*sympathy butt pats*

• Like x 1
  8. Beldaran

*snickering* Thank you.

• Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Bluh I want to make you tea. *gently and reassuringly pats butt with sympathy over the internet*

• Like x 1
  10. Beldaran

I will make tea with the spoon your kind encouragement gave me, and it'll be from you in spirit.

This calls for white strawberries and cream tea.

• Like x 2
  11. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I hope things get better for you and your loved ones soon. Also, that the strawberry and cream tea was satisfying.

• Like x 1
  12. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

Does it help to think you're feeling stupid and dull? Because that is a thing that can totally happen and it's okay! As opposed to just saying you are so.

*much hugs such wow*

• Like x 1
  13. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I'll just leave this tea sampler and this box of butt pats here. Feel better.

• Like x 1
  14. Beldaran

I just slept on and off for like 19 hours and in between all that sleeping went to therapy so hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this little tantrum.

Thank you for all of the advice and kind words, you are great and very helpful.

• Like x 1
  15. Beldaran

Bringin' this thread back because my lovely therapist, who has been affectionately dubbed the "bb therapist" since she was doing a fellowship at the place I go, is done with her fellowship and is moving to California next week. My very last appointment with her is on Monday and, while she's said we can exchange emails to keep up with each other a bit as regular people, we're going to be done with therapy forever.

I'm really really sad that this relationship is ending because it's been going shockingly well, much more helpful than I ever expected really. I'll continue on with someone else after, but I don't WANT to, I want her, and I'm sad, so I'm whining again.

• Like x 1
  16. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

While she might not be there in front of you, this could mean you could contact her whenever..?
    Not sure if that's a bright side, but *shrug*

(Also...... *buttpats*)

• Like x 1
  17. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

Hey @Beldaran I wanted to let you know that I'm witnessing and I'm here for you whenever you need to talk. You listen to me and I want you to know that I want our relationship to be a two-way support street so please please please know that you can talk to me and "whine" to me whenever you need to. You have my number and gchat and kintsugi. And facebook. I'm here for you. ::sympathy butt pats::

• Like x 1
  18. Beldaran

I like having my own little thread to be sad in so, update i guess.

Everything happens so much, and all at the same time. Here on the forum, and in real life, and the very real ways that the forum crosses into real life. Yesterday I was ill, and emotionally exhausted, and I can't recover because things just keep happening. Happening and happening and happening.

I would like for there to be less bad things, and less stressful things, and less things in general please.

People are helping me by chatting when I'm upset and helping me around the house, even some of the stress inducing things are canceling each other out. For example, our kintsugi house guest is helping us pack to move this weekend. My loss-of-therapist situation means I don't have to go into the city. Etc.

But. Still. Just... *wordlessly despondent gesturing*

• Like x 3
  19. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

do you like kitty pictures?

• Like x 1
  20. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

Hey there Beldaran buddy, I hope that when you feel up to watching more SU you message me. I keep my skype open for just such an occasion. Maybe watching some SU with me and your moirail could be good for you? No pressure though. Do what feels best for you. I feel for you on your loss of the therapist. Just that alone is difficult to deal with and then you have so much other things on top of it.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice