Well This Has Gone Completely Pear Shaped

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Beldaran, Jul 21, 2015.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Just say when and I'll buy it as an ebook so we can start (waiting for a physical copy, alas, would take months...)

• Like x 1
  2. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Someone stole the Christmas gift I commissioned for my girlfriend from the mail room because the delivery person didn't even ring the doorbell. I'm fucking livid, it was not only expensive but the artist moved and isn't taking orders anymore.

I made missing posters but I don't expect them to come to anything, and the post office is like "have you checked around your door?" Fucks sake.

• Witnessed x 10
  3. Beldaran

Just so it's known since this is apparently some kind of horrifying meme spread around this site by multiple people;

I don't give a shit about being called names by faceless internet randos. I might ask that they stop, but if not then whatever. It just means I ignore the fuck out of that person. I do care when someone says they want to shove their barbed wire dick in everything I love. Which was the same conversation as the alleged "cuck" conversation.

People threatening the things and people I love with sexual violence upsets me.

I guess I'm just a delicate flower that way.

• Witnessed x 14
  4. Beldaran

Okay! We met today and agreed to read part one over the next 1-2 weeks. It's about 40 pages but seems accessible. c:

I mentioned you wanted to read it too and she was really excited about it. :D

• Like x 1
  5. Beldaran

So my official diagnosis, last I checked, was persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia) with anxiety features. Once c-ptsd is officially accepted in the psychiatric community I've been told I'll have that diagnosis too. But lately I've been feeling full on Depressed and it's pretty unusual for me. I'm completely exhausted, it sucks.

My therapist says it's totally expected what with my mom having died like a month ago but ugh. Ugh. I'd like to feel rested again at some point, please.

• Witnessed x 11
  6. Beldaran

GUYS, IS TEAL A KIND OF BLUE OR A KIND OF GREEN???

Vote now on your phones to settle this domestic dispute.

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Neither, it´s bluegreen, occupying the area between these two colours. It´s it´s own thing.

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  8. Azurite

Azurite Just Floating

Highly shade dependent, but I think more of them run blue (at least according the Benjamin Moore paint site).

Blue

Green

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  9. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i waaaant to say blue? but also i like cody’s answer

• Like x 2
  10. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

For the sake of the argument, I've always considered it the greener bluegreen to turqoise's bluer bluegreen, but I think it's still firmly in the "blue" area of bluegreen.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  11. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i think that teal would continue to exist as a hue, regardless of what labels we humans with our limited color vision and imperfect vocabulary decide to stick on it. :P

(for real though, color words and where a language or culture draws those lines between hues are one of my favorite topics in linguistics! color words are weird.)

• Agree x 1
  12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I'm going to say green, because teal ducks are more green than blue. :-p

• Agree x 1
  13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

grlue

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  14. Beldaran

Bleen was also suggested. XD

• Winner x 11
  15. Beldaran

My friend Beq helpfully made this thing:

unknown.png

It still honest to god looks really green to me but I guess my girlfriend is the technical winner by like, a pixel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    • Winner x 12
  16. Beldaran

@events, I would prefer not to.

• Witnessed x 8
  17. Beldaran

I am used to not being what people want. Or need, or find useful.

I am used to that being reason enough for all manner of bad things to happen. To be made to happen.

The hope was that such an experience would be... Useful. Making me what some people might want or need. Pretty gold in the cracks of a pretty pot.

Turns out it just seems to make me broken. I tried to be helpful and beautiful and whole. How embarrassing.
    I'm fine though. I'll be okay. I apologize for the theatrics and the mess.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Witnessed x 16
    • Useful x 1
  18. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

people really don’t appreciate what you do enough. you’re not the moderator this forum deserves, but you’re definitely the moderator this forum needs

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
  19. Beldaran

Well, eating an entire bag of salt and vinegar chips is definitely a thing I just did.

Every six months or so, more or less, my brain decides that that's exactly what should happen. I've been doing this once or twice a year since I was a child and it never becomes a better plan.

I don't even do this with any other food, just these glass shard chips that WILL destroy my mouth.

Y tho?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Witnessed x 10
  20. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Because it's the best way to destroy your mouth and mostly worth it?

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice