well!

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by rigel, Jul 4, 2017.

1. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

i decided that perhaps i wrote this forum off too quickly. ive lurked around on several accounts now because for the LIFE OF ME i can never remember my passwords and keep using a throwaway email? this is the only account i can log into anymore jfjfkjhkjg

that aside, my name is rigel-- yeah, that one. im 21, currently in college & graduating next semester. i draw & write from time to time, and i accidentally helped like.... a considerable amount of people here get into transformers jhfhgjf

i'd? like to give this forum, and all of you, a chance, i think. i've been cruel and awful in the past, and even recently, as well. maybe joining and participating (read: lurking) in this community will help that, y'know? but like, im not here to fight or argue or be hostile or anything. i just wanna make that clear. if i sound like im being an ass, let me know, dear god.

if me being here bothers anyone or makes others feel unsafe, i absolutely understand, and i dont mind leaving, no hard feelings at all! i would rather not upset people by proxy of being around and even semi-actively participating. if i respond to your thread and you didnt want me to, let me know, or just ignore whatever i said.

• Like x 14
    • Winner x 7
  2. kmoss

kmoss whoops

heya dude, welcome

speaking for myself, i don't have any issues with you joining - i know this forum's got problems too but i've met a bejesus amount of people who are cool and have gotten me into weird weird fandoms, so like, we're all different in differently weird & fucked up ways?

(as an example, i'm not into transformers because i cannot keep them organized in my head, but i love sharks and i imagine that you like those, because username)

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Hey Rigel! We've never interacted that I know of, but I'm one of those Transformers people. Thank you, I'm enjoying it entirely.

• Like x 3
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Hey there! Oh man, congrats on being nearly done with college, I wish I was nearly done with my program.

I really hope that you have a good experience here, and agree with @kmoss's assessment.

• Like x 3
  5. rigel

hello everyone! thanks for the welcome, i rlly appreciate it, oh man!

i do like sharks! i used to draw them all the time as a kid?

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

It's actually really nice to see you here tbh! I dunno how to sound not-condescending when I say I'm proud, but...I'm proud.

Sharks are EXCELLENT. My main OC is obsessed with them, haha. I don't giant robots but I'm considering getting into it someday? But there's a buncha other stuff I have on my plate.

The robot in your icon is kinda adorable, btw! Who are they? :0

(Also, seconding the jealousy re: almost being done with college...I'm 24 and I've dropped out twice, so mad respect there.)

• Like x 2
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

hi!

you're cool with me. it's nice that you're giving us a chance, and trying to get better and all. :D

• Like x 1
  8. rigel

oh thank god i figured out the quote thing!!

you dont sound condescending at all, promise!

i adore sharks a lot. very slippery and toothy, A+

i definitely understand that, haha! its a lot to try and juggle, especially if you dont have the time/emotional energy for it all. theres a pretty steep mountain of content.

oh! his name is snare! he was a decepticon but betrayed them to give the autobots an edge during the war. hes dead now, sadly.

(oh man, thats super tough? college is a pain and it takes a lot out of you, i absolutely understand, i dropped out last year and it SUCKED)

hello!

im glad! i've been super anxious about this all day, really jhfgjfjhg

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 2
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i definitely understand that. joining new communities and participating and stuff is scary, particularly when it feels like they could be hostile. (that's why i don't really do stuff on tumblr anymore. :P around 2013 or so, social justice started getting pretty toxic and then antis and stuff, you know... the general tumblr atmosphere.)

• Agree x 3
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

hello!
    i saw your username and somehow mistook your avatar for a shark

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  11. rigel

understandable!! his mask looks like teeth, also
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 4
    • Informative x 1
  12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

And smooth as hell.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  13. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hey, welcome!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

upload_2017-7-4_19-51-13.png

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  15. rigel

thanks!!!!

oh my god. i love it. this is excellent

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  16. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Woah. Dude! I am super impressed by the college thing. I seem to recall that got pretty thoroughly fucked up by a number of things only some of which were remotely your fault, and I'm really impressed you got your shit together.

If you want me to unbreak other accounts, lemme know.

Be aware that moderation here is Really Weird and as such you may notice that people are not necessarily prevented from being assholes sometimes. But you're not entitled to any less protection than other people are, insofar as we do any protecting.

I have like three million questions, but I guess the first is whether you're willing to talk to me, and if so, if you'd prefer public/private/whatever, because I'm pretty sure you've got some credible reasons to feel unsafe around me, so whatever works for you. (And if that's "leave me alone", that's an okay answer.)

• Like x 2
  17. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

OH AND ALSO if you feel okay with it plz link your dA because I have been frustrated for like a YEAR that most of the people involved are not aware of your art.

• Like x 3
  18. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Heya Rigel! Welcome back!
    (Edit: whoops, that probably sounded like I've talked to you before, dw, I haven't.)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Like x 1
  19. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

hey dude, welcome ^ ^ I lurked for ages before I actually spoke, I think you're gonna find a warmer welcome in a lot of ways than you think? ah, kintsugi. we've got a tiki party, I heard!

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  20. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

yo! congrats on the college thing, that's awesome

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice