What Can I Say Except 'You're Welcome?' (Disney's Moana, SPOILERS WITHIN)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

because this movie was amazing and we need a thread for it, dammit

feel free to tag spoilers if you want, but if you don't want to see spoilers you shouldn't be in this thread yet anyway, shoo! shoo!

so anyway, HOW ABOUT THAT SOUNDTRACK HOLY SHIT

• Like x 6
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

MOANA IS LITERALLY ME

• Like x 1
  3. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

HAHA AS THE MOOG HAS NOTICED IVE BEEN PLAYING THE SOUNDTRACK SINCE WE GOT HOME FROM SEEING IT LAST NIGHT

i LOVED this movie so much

• Like x 4
  4. Carnivorous Moogle

I LOVE HER SO MUCH HOLY SHIT I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS MOVIE

I RARELY CRY AT DISNEY MOVIES BUT I STARTED CRYING AT THE FIRST INSTANCE OF 'HOW FAR I'LL GO' AND THEN REPEATEDLY WITH EACH SUCCESSIVE SONG

• Like x 5
  5. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I'm Moana and my bf is Maui therefore we are meant to be.

But seriously I fucking loved this movie and also the soundtrack is on spotify and save my family from my constant playing of it

I don't even LIKE musical disney films!

• Like x 3
  6. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

SOUNDTRACK SOUNDTRACK SOUNDTRACK-----
    actually hey important question about that @everyone what country are you in and, if you're on spotify, what name do they sing in the songs? bc on my spotify the name of the album is 'moana' and they sing 'moana' in the demo songs but in all the actual ones they definitely sing 'vaiana' instead and it is incredibly confusing
    ANYWAYS
    THE SOUNDTRACK IS SO GOOD

i looked for a stream to watch the movie every day after it premiered bc no way i could wait til february no way
    i do fully intend to see it in swedish too but i had to see it now
    and it was worth it

even w how blurry it was and even w how they'd completely cut 'how far i'll go' from it (???? why. i was looking forward to seeing that sequence so much, w h y)
    god im still so hyped :')

• Like x 2
  7. Erica

i was talking about it non-stop for over two weeks and then everyone i know got sick of it and i had to stop but IT'S SO GOOD

moana, both character and movie, is amazing

i love her

• Like x 2
  8. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

STARTS SLAMMING MY HANDS ONTO THE DESK

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH IT MADE ME BAWL LIKE A LITTLE BABY I COULD LISTEN TO "WE KNOW THE WAY" UNTIL I DIE

also that fUCKING ENDING caught me by complete surprise!! this is such a surprisingly wonderful film!!! and both the parents in a disney flick live??? amazing

• Like x 9
  9. Carnivorous Moogle

HELL YES

it says something that there was literally not one single song or version-of-song that i stopped enjoying during this, even with the soundtracks i love most there's usually at least one that loses its appeal pretty fast but no

(call out post for @Void: sings along to the soundtrack way better than me)

• Like x 3
  10. Void

FUCK YEAH I CRIED AT THIS MOVIE TOO??? LIKE EVERY SO OFTEN I"D JUST CRY A LITTLE

aaaaa

also i think the entire soundtrack is up on youtube, put there by disney!

(ALSO EXCUSE YOU I DO NOT SING WELL)

• Like x 2
  11. Erica

i had heard so very little about this movie and was trying to stay as far away from spoilers as possible and then someone on my dash reblogged a sound file of how far i'll go
    and it was like 3am and i was like eh okay let's listen why nnnnnnootttttt and then i cried
    that song gets me so fucking pumped it gives me the same idk fulfilled feeling i get from actual-musical songs sometimes? god fucking bless
    so anyways i heard it once and then i listened five more times in a row and then i was slightly obsessed the end

• Like x 3
  12. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I screamed when I saw the credits and I saw "Lin-Manuel Miranda" because holy shit.

Also I cry at a lot of things cute dogs included but holy shit this movie brought me to my goddamn knees

• Like x 7
  13. Erica

I LIKE THE DEMO SONGS TOO hearing LMM sing warrior face is really funny (though i'm really curious as to what the context was to be!) and i actually really like 'more' + its reprise

• Like x 4
  14. Carnivorous Moogle

THANK GOD IT IS UP THERE TBH I WOULD LOSE MY MIND IF I HAD TO WAIT MONTHS TO LISTEN TO IT AGAIN

also i have never ever related to a chicken more in my life, and that is saying something

(@Void I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU BUDDY YOU ARE A V GOOD SING)

• Like x 5
  15. Void

i really like "You're Welcome" and also "How Far I'll Go" both of those are really earwormy to me

• Like x 2
  16. Void

[Quietly with emotion: Fuck.]

• Like x 2
  17. Carnivorous Moogle

holy shit yes to both of those, along with 'we know the way' and 'shiny'

the final reprise of 'how far i'll go' more like TRYING NOT TO SOB OPENLY

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  18. Void

oh god i know. just. i really loved the animation in this too! i used to be lukewarm on cg disney movies, but the hair and water in this was holy SHIT beautiful

• Like x 4
  19. Carnivorous Moogle

FUCK YES

speaking of hair: long thick curly hair, buns, action buns, i am so bizarrely happy about them

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  20. Void

aaa yeah.

man. i just really liked the VAs, I liked the songs, i liked the animation

the style of this movie was so nice, it was colorful and visually and musically appealing

i'm probably riding the hype and will have like some actual "hm" moments later about pacing and stuff but for now i am like AAa

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice