What do you think of this classpect quiz I found

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by vuatson, Oct 9, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I haven't seen this one linked on tumblr before, so I'd never taken it before today: https://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/rvalle/hsquiz/hsquiz.html

It gave me Mage of Heart first, and then Mage of Space when I went back and selected all my alternate options for the questions I couldn't decide on. A friend and I have previously decided that Mage of Space is probably what I am, so it's more accurate for me than several other tests I've taken! It also seems pretty good about having answers that don't obviously point to one classpect or another.

It's pretty short, so if anyone else wants to take it and reply with what they think of it that would be fun data for me to have :>

2. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

well i got page of space which is completely wrong for me :v

3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I waffled on one question, so I answered it one way and checked the result, then changed it and resubmitted the answers. (The superpower question. Telekinesis or flight? Flights the thing I most want, but with telekinesis I could cheat and just do flying carpet nonsense...)

Telekinesis gave me Sylph of Light, and Flight gave me...

*drumroll*

[​IMG]
    Sylph of Breath! :D

Sylphs are healers, and bring health to teammates through the use of their aspect. They work best by interacting with others, and are often skilled at resolving conflicts.

Breath players can manipulate the flow of wind. They tend to be very earnest heroes, though they benefit from helpful companions.

But yeah, interesting quiz. It's nice how they have so many questions that are basically y/n, but with the reasoning to go with, and a variety of reasonings. It seems to be based on older understandings of SBURB (beat the game as quick as possible, fight your denizen...), not really updated.

But I liked it, especially for giving me the result I wanted. :3

*Edit to add their tiny description of class/pect.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    • Like x 2
  4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Page of Time? Huh. Fuck, I don't know enough about Classpects to gauge how well that works for me. Changing a few questions I was unsure about nets me Page of Light, which feels very wrong, but.

It's definitely an interesting quiz, tho. I like it! It's nice.

• Like x 1
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Okay, I changed one answer to get Page of Light, and then I changed that answer back, and changed the Land answer and got Page of Void. So, it's utterly certain that I'm a Page, but, yunno, the rest is kinda nebulous.

• Like x 1
  6. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I took the quiz before and almost always get Page of Breath (seems legit, I am a lot like Tavros) but this time around I got Page of Heart.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    • Like x 1
  7. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

That's my very favorite of all the quizzes I've found! I second the assessment that the answers aren’t obviously pointing at anything.

• Like x 1
  8. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

Huh, I got Page of Heart! On one of the other more complicated quizzies I always get Knight of Space/Doom (I get Space and Doom equally).

• Like x 1
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

It seems like it tends to be consistent on either class or aspect for each individual, even if they change some of their answers. I changed quite a few - more than half I'm pretty sure - and still got Mage... I'm guessing each answer feeds into multiple class + aspect possibilities, and the ones that you would be inclined to waffle between have similar characteristics, so they will generally point you steadily in the direction of at least one of the two components of your title. So at the very least it's a reliable indicator of half of your god tier title! The half that's more important to you, I guess.

Yeah, I think this is my favorite quiz I've found so far. Definitely better than that one really popular one that includes non-canon classes and makes you take a bunch of personality tests.

• Like x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

@rats out of curiosity, what is your classpect title? And did you take the quiz twice?

@a tiny mushroom Do you think Page of Heart works for you? and same question about if you took it twice.

11. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

@adisagestar The one that gave me Knight of Space/Doom was the one with all the personality tests, yeah! I think I did the personality one twice and got the same results, but I've only taken the one in this thread once. I think I probably like Page of Hearts more, but Knight of Space/Doom is also interesting!

• Like x 1
  12. rats

@adisagestar i only took it once, ive always seen myself as a mage or seer, probably of mind, possibly of light? :0 ill probably try to retake it soon

• Like x 1
  13. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

...first time I got Page of Hearts too. Dammit. Second time was Sylph of Heart. I dunno, I normally get Seer of Time and I prefer that. I don't think I'd cut it as a Heart player and I'm definitely a Seer.

• Like x 1
  14. rats

redid it, put more thought into it, ended up with page of light?? why is this game insisting im a page.
    messed around with answers a few more times (honestly, most of these im just ?? about, i really have no strong feeling about any of these choices, wtf) and got mage of time, which.......is probably more realistic
    who knows.png

• Like x 1
  15. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Page of Light or Page of Life. Interesting. I usually go with Sylph of something or other (can't remember...).

16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I got Sylph of Light - changed the two answers I was waffling over most, and got Mage of Light. In other quizzes, I've gotten Sylph of Void, Seer of Void, Seer of Light (these last two were also from one quiz, with the two different titles similarly corresponding to changing answers I was waffling over), so it seems like these quizzes think I'm either Light or Void. Makes sense - Light and Void are inverses, but they deal with similar subjects. (fortune or misfortune, information or lack thereof...)

Sylph is also a common thread, though I'm not sure I'd quite consider myself a healer... except I do like playing Medic in TF2, so. There's that.

• Like x 1
  17. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

You are the Sylph of Light!
    [​IMG]
    (Shared with Aranea Serket)
    Sylphs are healers, and bring health to teammates through the use of their aspect. They work best by interacting with others, and are often skilled at resolving conflicts.

Light players have power over fortune. As such, their powers allow them to understand fortuitous outcomes and the events that lead to them, or to directly alter the likelihood of those outcomes occurring. Despite the title of Light, many Light heroes tend to be 'darker' than their companions, and are willing to take more risks in the pursuit of success.

This seems pretty suiting to me, even if I'm a little surprised I got Light? I end up being a Hope player, but then again it's been a while since I took one of these.

• Like x 2
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I used to get Sylph of Mind on this quiz, but now I'm a Mage of Heart, so apparently I'm Meulin now?

• Like x 1
  19. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I got Page of Breath.

• Like x 1
  20. overpants-anon

overpants-anon Qualified Lurker

So, I haven't tried every possible combination of true answers (and I probably won't), but the test seems fairly convinced that I'm either a Sylph or page of Heart or Time. Out of those, Page of Time seems most compatible with my interpretation of myself, and of how classpects work, but that's mostly because the other options are hilariously wrong
    I think the maker of this test probably disagrees with me about classpects

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice