What happened to the Kintsugi in Space thread?

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by unknownanonymous, Jul 18, 2015.

1. peripheral

peripheral Kinky Digamma

Yo:
    I'd just like to report that I'm okay.
    what happened is my mom and dad yesterday morning had a suspiciously specific conversation about second identities online.
    later that day after mom had left dad confronted me with open links to both my genderfuck blog (the now defunct closetedtransboy.tumblr.com) and to various kintsugi links.
    he apparently found this by clinking links on a list on the router.
    a lot of the kintsugi sites had "you need a password to access" on them instead of content but I didn't think of this when I sent seebs a panicky ask.
    I spent the next chunk of time freaking out on afterdark,
    but my parents are okay with the trans thing and all this has done is made me hyper paranoid about accessing websites not at home.
    then my dad bought my ice cream.
    this is also the day I acquired a ukulele.

• Like x 10
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

... they're okay with the trans thing?

That's sort of surprising, but good I think. Especially since that distracts them from the abuse thing.

3. peripheral

peripheral Kinky Digamma

Well
    my dad is
    he is confused and I violently recloseted myself.
    He was madder about me having kept the secret then what it contained actually

4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I gotta say.

If your kids are keeping secrets from you, one question to ask is whether the way you react when you find things out might be a contributing factor?

• Like x 12
  5. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

seebs, that would require self-awareness
    a thing you usually never acquire yourself because you had no self-aware rolemodels around you
    "stop and think" is not an encouraged way of action in our society, especially not if it's coupled with "i might have been the one in the wrong", because that's somehow identical with volunteering for the scapegoat position
    or it'd be like catching a hitch on a rollercoaster - it's a hella wild and mad, but mostly stable, ride, but when you catch a hitch everything derails off straight into hell.

6. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Self-awareness only exists as an ideal by which we become aware of its absence in other people, similar to righteousness or free thinking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice