What happens if an account is deleted?

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by testing-deletedaccount1, May 31, 2015.

1. Do old posts still show up, and is anyone able to take the account name? Or is there way to delete accounts, only ban them?

If deleting is possible and we don't know the answer to my first question, I request that this account be deleted.

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

deleting is possible, and we do know the answer to the first question, which is that all content created by the account vanishes.

i know this because someone made a new account for rp and then asked me to delete it because they decided they'd rather use a sub-account. the confirmation dialog warned that all posts etc. by that account would also be deleted. of course, since the account was a mistake and had only existed two minutes, there was no content, but that's what it said. :D

i don't know if users can delete their own accounts.

3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I don't think we can.

#either that or the button's hidden _really_ well

4. jacktrash

now i'm curious what happens to this thread if i delete the test account.

OP, lemme know when you're done experimenting, and i'll try it!

... possibly tomorrow tho, i am le tired.

5. Wiwaxia

Wait, @testing-deletedaccount1, you should make a sub-sub account so we can see what happens to it when this sub-account is deleted.

#SCIENCE

6. jacktrash

well, haven't we all been scientists at one time or another?

(good night, kintsugi, good night)

• Like x 9
  7. #SCIENCE

I made the SubAccount but it doesn't show up in the login menu. Oops!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  8. I just tried Login As User on the subsubaccount's profile page, and got this message:

Kintsugi - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

9. Wiwaxia

Oh yeah, that happens. You can only go one step up or down. You need to set a different password for the sub-subaccount to log in as if you want to actually get there.

#i definitely didn't make a subaccount chain four deep to test this a while back

• Like x 2
  10. Even with the password! Ugh. I'll test this again when I get home and can use a proper computer.

11. jacktrash

well i haven't deleted it yet, i'm waiting on their signal. they are still doing science to it. so presumably the name is a statement of future intent.

either that or spooky ghosts.

12. Or... Both??
    :mystery:

But yeah, no worries Valerie. I picked an unlikely name for this doomed alt. I want to test what happens to the SubAccount of a deleted account, and for some reason my tablet is giving me grief when I try to log into subsub.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice