what if purely political genderfuck=flying spaghetti monster worship

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by badnalogyanon, Mar 17, 2015.

1. badnalogyanon

badnalogyanon Member

The arguments about gender make me think about religion, only in a reality where some people don't know that you can actually believe in stuff instead of doing it for political reasons.
    more detailedly, you have stronger-than-it-is-right-now state christianity, with an unmeasurable proportion of people not actually believing in the details, or being vaguely deistic that could be part of other religions, but they just like looking at candles and listening to songs once a year (cis-by-default). There are muslims who are treated like shit, and want the state to be separated from religion, no prayer in schools, these kind of things. There are political atheists who campaing for the same packet of stuff. Some atheists like doing blasphemy as an aesthetic, they are teenage goths with satanic simbols and misunderstood, wrong-side-up pentagrams, that kind of thing. There are pagans who actually worship Baphomet, and they seem from a distance to be the same with Charlie Hebdo, and this causes many misunderstandings. -"wait, you don't pretend to be a witch just because they were opressed by christians? For me it's just an aesthetic, all religions suck". Some academic-religion-study atheists end up believing that religion is nothing but an opressive power structure, and it's our duty to confuse the shit out of religious people, so they have founded the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, do parodies of rituals and pick fights with the state for it not treating them the same as any other powerful religion. And the muslims would profit if they managed to win a fight and from now on, headscarves OR kitchen ustensils were both acceptable on the head on driving licence photos, but they feel they are made fun of, too? And some atheists actually say that they are part of the problem, with their abrahamic relligion and all. There is a feeling popular that one shouldn't demand being taken seriously unless they sincerely believe in what they say their religion is, and the atheist answer is that of course they don't believe, bc everyone is an atheist deep below the brainwashing, what are you even talking about?
    and I guess there are jewish people who do the once-in-a-year sinagogue night bc they don't believe per se, but they consider that it's an act of solidarity and community. Um, I didn't want to give them too much importance, they just ended up at the end of the post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice