what to pack when you go to the psych ward

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jan 21, 2016.

1. i'm in a really bad place rn, and i think that i'm going to go to the local hospital tomorrow morning, before i end up doing something nasty. i have a plan, i want to go through with it, i can't deal with this on my own. i can keep my ass safe tonight, i think, but i can't manage longterm.
    so. what can i take, what's nice to have? i've always managed to avoid this, i don't know shit.

• Like x 2
  2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

some comfy pajamas, definitely. a book or two. sometimes electronics are allowed, sometimes not, i don't know. :/

• Like x 1
  3. i don't want to do this i want to die fuck fuck fuck i'm scared but i need this to not be happening i can't really remember why but it just. it just needs to not be happening

• Like x 1
  4. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

*hugs if desired*

if there's something you associate with feeling safe/comforted - in my case, some of my so's sweaters - i would take that with you too. just nothing with strings.

• Like x 3
  5. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

They usually don't let you have much, and will probably take even your clothes at first. Bring stuff you'll be comfortable in with no ties or strings, and something you'll find comforting like your pillow or a stuffed animal or something. They didnt let me keep my phone or books, but you could try it. Eat something tonight you really like, hospital food sucks and you deserve extra being nice to yourself right now.

You're doing the right thing. Its hard and scary, but its going to be worth it, i promise. Please stay safe.

• Like x 2
  6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

good luck, tA! I don't have advice, but i hope it goes well.

• Like x 1
  7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*major hugs*

• Like x 1
  8. okay, i'm in the car. fuck, this is scary and i don't like it at all

• Like x 1
  9. They gave me a urinal thing 2 pee in 8/
    Thinkin 'trans' is not a familiar concept

10. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

You're awesome, tA. Sending good thoughts <3

• Like x 3
  11. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Im so proud of you this morning. *hugs* stay safe.

• Like x 2
  12. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Good luck :) I hope it helps!

13. blurgh. i've been waiting for eight hours for a bed 2 open up

been informed that ppl have waited 48+

why this

14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

jesus dicks what? that sounds awful D:

• Like x 2
  15. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

holy shit dude. hang in there, friend. *more hugs and good vibes*

• Like x 1
  16. okay that was awful. less awful than dying, tho!

• Like x 1
  17. prismaticvoid

Good to see you again, tA :) Did you leave the hospital or have you just got your phone back?

18. left the hospital. they wouldn't let me have my binder and treated me like a girl the whole time. kinda ticked about that. prolly would've stayed longer if i had my binder cuz i wouldn'tve had 2 worry abt getting suicidal cuz dysphoria but

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • Like x 1
  19. prismaticvoid

Ugh, assholes. Did you get help for the memory thing at least?

• Like x 1
  20. nope! but they discontinued the med that i think pushed me over the edge and into 'aight it's hospital time' territory at least

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice