Vent Back to your regularly scheduled wine&cheese tasting

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by winterykite, Feb 18, 2016.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

You'd think, if a repair request comes in that notes charging difficulties and difficulties recognizing devices attached via charging port, that the repair place would CHECK THE FUCKING CHARGING PORT
    tl;dr had to send in my tablet again because of a VERY FUCKING OBVIOUS and NOT REPAIRED LOOSE CONTACT at said charging port

brb flipping a fucking table

• Witnessed x 2
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-provides table-

• Like x 1
  3. winterykite

thanks

on a higher note, a friend has offered to lend me her old laptop for the meantime.
    another plus: the mio mio mate+ ginger i bought tastes delicious, even if it's too expensive to drink on the regular.
    the sake i bought tastes like drain cleaner though. blergh.

• Like x 2
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

that's some rude-ass sake >=/

• Agree x 1
  5. winterykite

serves me right for buying the cheap shit, i guess
    bit like vodka in that regard...

6. IvyLB

depends, some alcohol stuff you just gotta know which kinds you want? I refuse to pay much for wine for example but the dornfelder rosé and the riesling white we've got around is generally okay, and the cidre we buy is p cheap as well but nice

7. winterykite

yeah
    i mean, the plum wine i buy is pretty cheap (and pretty good), with mead you gotta go for the renfaire or the goth/metal/punk shop brands, but there's that level of cheap and boxed wine levels of cheap, and that's a difference. vodka in particular you basically gotta befriend a russian and ask them to rec stuff.
    sake is grain alcohol, similar to vodka and beer, and making fruit wines is a little easier.

on that note, there's exactly one beer brand so far i've even remotely liked and it's native to my home region and thus unavailable here.

8. IvyLB

beer is super difficult. I haven't ever encountered one i even halfway liked that wasn't one'a those fruity mixed drinks that's more cloyingly sweet fruit bullshit than beer >_> SO i feel.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  9. winterykite

ok, that's it, next time i'm in mannheim i'll get my hands on a sixpack of eichbaum.
    and on a bottle of hafewasser.

10. IvyLB

actually that's not even true i just remembered I did like that one african banana beer i drank at the import shop expo that one year that was p nice

11. winterykite

TFW when the smell of food makes you nauseous, but you really need to eat sth

Also my temperature slowly and steadily keeps rising. The paracetamol had me on 36.1°C earlier today, around 5pm i think i was up to 36.9°C, rn im at 37.3°C
    along with the aching, im gonna take another one of those before going to sleep today
    and im so glad i had my period last week, this week wouldve been terrible with cold+period combo

eta: fixed some scrambled numbers. man, i was out of it yesterday

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Witnessed x 2
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Try for something bland? Also witnessed.

• Agree x 1
  13. winterykite

bland food is nauseating on its own
    i ate some leftover potatoes with broccoli-cheese-sauce, don't think i can stomach meat rn

and then removed the plate from the room

i feel so cold

i think im gonna put on some music, take another paracetamol, and try to rest

---
    (ok, it's now 7 am and apparently i didnt end up actually posting this last night at ~9?

im back down on 36, and i dont think i slept more than 4 hours apiece. fucking runny nose. more like 2-3.

• Witnessed x 2
  14. winterykite

gods the amounts of snot im expelling
    i already switched to the extra-soft tissues, but my nose still got raw

my throat has stopped hurting tho, so #progress

• Witnessed x 2
  15. winterykite

and before anyone drops in with '37 is still in normal range' -- those temperatures were taken orally, which means you need to add about half a degree, and i tend to be on the low end of the temperature spectrum. there were jokes about me being cold-blooded in high school. once i hit 37 im fuckin miserable.

• Witnessed x 2
  16. winterykite

holy fuckin vertigo batman
    started last night. hope it settles oo_00

also, officially hit the part of "has blown nose so much the bleeding started". not much tho.
    also, i slept through the night!

• Witnessed x 2
  17. winterykite

You know what's great?
    Not being able to sleep because just when you're slipping into it, there's a bout of coughing.
    fml

• Witnessed x 2
  18. winterykite

So one of my GMs has been outed as a massive, abusive shitbag, and I'm kind of pissed at them about it.
    And pissed at myself that I got fooled by them, because until now I knew them as a funny and good GM and couldn't really understand why they had that blow-out that made them leave Kintsugi.

And questioning myself, because I liked to think I was good at smelling shit like that and seeing cracks in people's behaviors. I'd joke about wondering if i'm friends with a serial killer at his rate, but that guy's dead 9 years.

... no wonder kathy didnt return to the group, she might as well have smelled it...

• Witnessed x 9
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Sometimes people are just that good at lying. -hugs offered.- I missed it too, even though there was evidence right under my nose, even though I didnßt have the best opinion of them in the first place.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  20. winterykite

It's just, I think someone's funny and cool to chill, and like half a year or two later I get the notice that they're an asshole. That's like the fourth time.
    I'm beginning to question my 'dar ::/

(One dude creeped on me when I was younger via messenger and I sorta ghosted him cuz he creepy, and one guy my radar pinged, but I hung out around him until he told me he'd treat a female officer different than a male officer because she's ~lady~. Kinda blew up at him for that...

• Witnessed x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice