Why do I always look for stuff that I know is gonna make me feel crappy?

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by evilas, Apr 24, 2016.

1. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

I see an argument on Tumblr. People are being assholes. It's 4AM and my crappy feels act up. I want to cry. And what do I do? I look for the source. The reblogs. I look for who's telling who to kill themselves. I look for who is making posts about how bad they're feeling. And the deeper I go the more it hurts me, but I just want to go deeper.
    It's unhealthy and I eventually manage to pry myself away from it, but I want to know WHY THE HELL DO I DO THAT?!?!

• Like x 1
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I do it too. For me it's because I just...Really want to know how bad it is? And when I don't I have to fight against obsessing over it and coming up with worst case scenarios. I just want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes because if I don't I'll just imagine how far. Anxiety is a bitch.

• Like x 2
  3. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

I know that people like to read fiction where horrible things happen to the characters. It might be a way for you to experience your own feelings through other people's problems?

4. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

I don't like it, I just have this morbid curiosity and I want to know what happened. But maybe wanting to explore my feelings has something to do with it? I have no idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice