working from home AND maintaining sanity??

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by shmeed, May 18, 2017.

1. shmeed

shmeed plant me

Does anyone have advice for how to achieve this? I'm going on two years as a freelancer and I'm losing it

2. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

what part of it is causing issues?

3. shmeed

shmeed plant me

it's really hard to maintain a schedule that gets me out of the house regularly and actually do stuff, also i moved recently and im not sure how to get into a social life (and i remember that external work gave me kind of a social life? not friends exactly but people to interact with in a friendly way that was good for me)

4. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

hmm. you could check out the community programs near you? like community center classes something usually involve some amount of casual socialing, along with a scheduled outing.

places like comic book stores and libraries often have schedualed events. volunteer organizations are almost always looking for more people to help out and often involve a steady group you'd be interacting with on a regular basis, so good opportunities to form a social circle. (like helping out at a local animal shelter or blood bank etc)

• Like x 1
  5. shmeed

shmeed plant me

Thank you, these seem like really good ideas! I'll definitely check out the comic book shop, and look around at volunteer opportunities

• Like x 2
  6. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I haven't worked from an office more than sporadically since, like, the 1990s. So, social things are important. I do computer socials. I don't mind the lack of face-recognition, I actually like it. So I'm more chatty in chat software and things than some people. Also I live with a spouse and have a helpy person. A+ works great would recommend, you may need extra money to make it work.

Also, second the comic book store and library type things.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice