WOW I'M SO GOOD AT ADMIN (seebs help i suck)

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by jacktrash, May 29, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i tried to make luka a mod-in-general rather than just mod of brainbent, so he can approve posts and move threads and such, but only succeeded in making it so he couldn't post; i changed it back, he can post again, but i can't figure out how to do the mod thing.

and then i made a subforum of a subforum to keep boat trolls rp threads in so they don't swamp the rp forum (because we are hella prolific) but it displays at the top of the subforum and is weird looking and idk if i did it right?

and basically i'm completely out of spoons and i hope i didn't fuck anything up sorry if i made more work for you @seebs *lies on floor and abstractedly eats lint*

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

... Abstractedly?

#I'm sorry Jesse but just #that is not an adverb that makes sense with that verb

3. jpronghorn

jpronghorn Member

Of course it makes sense.

Its like "lies on floor and eats lint in a daze"-- or maybe a semi-daze, or a twilight of spoons.

Or rather "lies on floor and eats lint in a fit of unfocused preoccupation."

{Or perhaps "abstractedly" is just short for "in a fit of abstraction", if one wants to be traditional}

• Like x 1
  4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Luka should now be able to approve posts board-wide, I believe.

5. jacktrash

thank you seebs <3

(and yes, 'in a fit of abstraction' was what i meant, as in, my brain was processing so many things that my physical reality was not on the list of things i was paying attention to, and eating lint was a fairly plausible outcome of this state)

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  6. jpronghorn

jpronghorn Member

Abstractedly is a perfectly good adverb, and is used in the usual manner in the first post. I was just goofing.

7. jacktrash

i think i'm still not recovered from yesterday's meltdown lol

'a twilight of spoons' is a beautiful phrase and has now entered my vocabulary for good

• Like x 6
  8. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

Yes, but does your spoon have to choose between a shape-shifting fork and an undead knife?

#horrible joke #it's okay i'll put myself in the corner for time-out

• Like x 6
  9. jacktrash

my spoon eloped with another spoon and they adopted a horrible spoon baby

• Like x 6
  10. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

...somehow i translated that back into twilight and now my brain is determinedly writing some bizarre Twilight fanfiction where Bella nopes out of the twilight verse and then runs away with anna kendrick's character into Pitch Perfect
    Uh

• Like x 3
  11. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice