Writer's subforum?

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Kittenly, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I saw that there is a writer's thread in general chatter, but I was wondering if we could make a subforum? Then we could have something slightly easier to navigate instead of throwing, all things writing into one thread. Like there could be a critique thread, an advice thread, a comisserate-about-how-writing-is-hard thread, a brainstorm thread, plus personal threads if people wanted to make them.

2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

My usual thought has been that if there's enough threads to make a forum look busy, I make a forum. I try not to make forums too quickly because too-many-forums can kill a forum community.

3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

@Kittenly I'd suggest you just make those threads in genchat as-is, and if they start taking over that forum, then seebs can come in and split it off.

4. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I'd say rather than writer's in specific, a general creative works subforum might be better? That'd also shuffle in, eg, the craft thread and the drawing thread, potentially the nail polish thread.

• Like x 2
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Would it be helpful to shuffle the roleplaying threads into a creative works forum? They've been slow, and I suspect the slowness of that forum is self-reinforcing.

• Like x 2
  6. Acey

Acey our liaison—oh, it was poison, baby!

Seconding this. There's a lot of creative types here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice