x

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by electroTelegram, Jun 26, 2016.

1. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

x

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I had to retrain myself to feel hunger signals, and part of what I did was basically learning to tell if I was full or didn't feel hungry. So, in your situation, I'd go "Ok, I don't feel hungry, but it's been seven hours, so I'm probably not actually full", and then I'd bargain with myself and try eating something that required minimal spoons, like leftovers or a slice of bread with peanut butter and jam.

Once you start eating more often, your body starts expecting to be fed more often, so you'll find your hunger signals coming back.

Also there are some things that my brain just doesn't classify as food, even though they obviously are food, like peanuts or candied fruit; basically anything that I can absently pop into my mouth while I'm doing something else. Maybe your brain works similarly, and you can thwart the "but I'm not hungry" that way.

3. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

If drinking things isn't a problem, is drinking smoothies/meal replacements/milkshakes an option?

4. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

That is no fun that the motivation trick didn't work.

I hope trying drinks does work for you! I have been having delicious mornings with matcha and milk and fruit this week, which is part of what made me think of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice