you'd think rp would be fun but YOU'RE WRONG.

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by jashindamnit, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jashindamnit

jashindamnit problematic pettanko loving, crop burning dragon

tumblr rp is legitimately the worst. i had already typed up what happened on twitlonger, so i'll just repost it here but i will clarify on some things.

red = my character ( gestures at my icon ). i roleplay her on casuistry.tumblr.com
    fish = someone else's character, a tyrian sollux who has known red for a while, used to be in a relationship with her ( a kismesis relationship ), but when it ended he developed feelings for her. now he's like. head over heels in love with red.
    val = one of fish's long time friends, i think longer than red has known fish. red had never talked to her prior to this.
    blue = fish's current kismesis. a cerulean blooded sollux rp blog.
    vriska = well, that's self explanatory. a vriska rp blog.
    bugs = vriska's mun.

i had also taken a long break from tumblr rp because it was just. generally not fun. but i got back into it again and i guess that was a horrible mistake.

anyway.

here we go long ass thing. i'm not sure how to put it under a spoiler thing because forums are confusing and im way too tired to figure things out, so sorry.

--

So what happened was Red was talking with Fish more frequently again, which was more or less me getting back into rping. Vriska, who had asked Fish out to be her matesprit but was denied by Fish because he wasn't ready, took this as Red using Fish to make her jealous even though Red had no idea they were a thing, and had no idea about the whole asking him out. It was done in a private face to face rp so of course Red wouldn't know. Anyway, Vriska bitched about it to Val, one of Fish's long time friends, and she ended up talking to him saying 'I don't trust Red, she's using you and you're going to get hurt'. She kept going on and on about how her intuition was right. So eventually, when Red found out, she IMMEDIATELY contacted Val and was like "Let's talk please." Val got upset, but ended up talking to Red. In the conversation, Val pointed out how it wasn't just Vriska, but also Fish's kismesis that also hated Red, saying that they both thought Red was using Fish. Red was like "I am not", gave facts, said she didn't intend for Fish to flake on things he had already planned because it's not HER fault that he has issues with remembering his dates. Red also pointed out that she had no idea Vriska and Fish were almost matesprits and that because of that she'd have no reason to make Vriska jealous because Vriska asserted that Red is using Fish AFTER they that talk. Eventually it seemed like Val was coming around and understanding ( Red also pointed out that Vriska was an extremely jealous person, going so far as to shit on one of Fish's friends and also call Fish an 'it' ) and that was that. Red also contacted Blue, Fish's kismesis to talk as well. He said that he did not hate Red, and that Val was twisting his words. He did say that he was frustrated that Fish would drop plans because Red was on, and Red apologized profusely because she didn't intend for that to be a thing and she said she'd step away for them to work on their relationship because she thought they were really good together, and she didn't want to end up fucking up relationships. All in all, for Red's side, it seemed like things went well. She followed Val, Val followed back, things went fine.

But then later, it was pointed out that Val was STILL telling Fish how Red was a bad idea and how he was going to get super hurt and shit, because it turned out Vriska was STILL talking shit about Red. I still don't know what Vriska said, but Red got super pissed. Of course she'd be pissed that Val is still apparently taking Vriska's side without talking to her. So naturally she was like I'm fucking done. Her and Avikka, were fucking done, because he was watching from the sidelines and also stepping in to talk to Fish because he himself was treated awfully by Vriska. Val messaged Red on Tumblr and said they needed to talk. Red was like "I don't see what else I have to say to you, I've said what I could and anything else I just hear from Fish. But if you want to talk, I'll be on PChum." Red waited. And waited. And nothing. Not a single message. Next day, waited, and waited. Nothing. While Val posted on Tumblr, Red pointed out how she was on Pchum and also on Kik. Still nothing. So, again, Red was like "Fuck this. I'm done completely. I'm pulling out."

What happened was that Val-mun told Fish-mun that she wanted to imply a conversation between Red and Val, and Fish-mun never told me because he forgot. Val-mun never bothered messaging me on Tumblr either to say "Hey can we imply a thing" at which point I would have said sure, and discuss what would be implied. Nothing. I was just completely left in the dark oocly, and as a result, Red acted negatively to something Val-mun THOUGHT was settled. Even though I didn't know at all.

So of course, I started getting pissed off. That this person wouldn't even TALK to me oocly and was somehow getting mad at Red for acting irrationally when I DIDN'T KNOW. If I KNEW things were going to be implied, Red would not be mad! Red would be completely fine! Because they had a conversation to put things to rest! But I didn't know. Red didn't know. Red thought she was blown off. Red got mad. Red bowed out because it was stressful for her.

At first I didn't care about all this ic drama, even though I didn't agree to be a part of it. I thought everything was ic and that was that. But the muns were all getting stressed out, so that's why it was suggested to imply a conversation. But I never got talked to. Eventually Fish-mun suggested a retcon, and while I hate retcons, I agreed. While I waited for a confirmation, the next day came and I still didn't get told that 'okay, everyone agreed to the retcon, do as you do". Again, I was left in the dark. Someone told me that I had to be the 'leader' of this and initiate things and I got super fucking upset because it felt like I got bent over. I didn't ASK to be a part of this drama. It's not MY fault that no one communicated with me. And yet it was made to feel like it was my fault because I had to be the 'leader'. So I broke down, demanded to know how the retcon went, Fish-mun apologized and said he forgot to tell me, and I logged off and cried for a bit. When I came back on, it was told that the reason Val-mun didn't talk to me at all was because Bugs was telling Val about how awful I was.

Bugs and I had a falling out AGAIN. Earlier. Like in the beginning of the month. I unfollowed her on all my blogs and removed her on skype because I just couldn't handle her negativity and how she would accuse one of my friends of being abusive. Why was this person abusive? Well, they would vent to Bugs about their mental illness ( not Bug's mental illness, but their's ) and eventually Bugs was like "Don't talk to me about that anymore it makes me anxious." My friend agreed but because of their mental illness and their bad anxiety they went into a state of "oh god I'm making people anxious I'm the worst I'm a horrible friend" and eventually disappeared for like. 3 months. Going in and out of the hospital and having to go through medication. Because of this disappearance, Bugs got upset that she was 'abandoned' and immediately labeled them as abusive. I mean for fucks sake, when they came back Bugs went to complain to Rose about it, but Rose was in the hospital because of her dad. When Rose told her "Sorry I'm in the hospital", Bugs went it's fine. ... Then went RIGHT back to complaining. So I got pissed off that Bugs would use her mental illness as an excuse for her behavior but when someone else has issues they're automatically abusive. So I dumped her ass. I got tired of it. I hardly talked to her anyway.

So of course, Bugs started to talk shit about me. She accused me of chasing someone off of Tumblr. That one person who would trace art and copy Bug's style. I was completely blown away at this because 1. Bugs would constantly complain about how this rper was copying her art style and 2. ROSE was the one who made a post about it. We had all told them to stop doing the thing, but they kept doing it anyway. Eventually they had a stream where they were going to prove they don't trace, but the canvas already had a sketch. When that happened, and when people pointed it out, they stopped their stream and deleted their blog. The kicker? I was ASLEEP during the entire stream. I was ASLEEP when they deleted their blog. I had to ASK someone who was in the stream what happened. And yet I'm getting accused of chasing this person off, this person that Bugs was ALSO against because HER art was the one that was getting stolen the most.

I got even MORE upset. Because what the fuck? What the fuck. I suggested to Val-mun through one of her friends to PLEASE add me on Skype or something so we can talk either THAT DAY or tomorrow. Days later, I still got fucking nothing. They wouldn't give me the time of day. They wouldn't even message me on Tumblr to say something like "Hey I'm not feeling up to talking just yet". They just blew me off completely. This whole thing made me a mess and it's all Bug's fucking fault and this other mun who made it a point on their OOC page that they dont want to deal with ooc drama or biased bullshit IMMEDIATELY took Bug's side.

Because of this, I unfollowed Val on Red. And well, it made sense too. If a retcon happened, Red wouldn't be following Val anyway, since she followed Val AFTER they had talked. But then Val started whining. And I was like "Why is she whining. A retcon happened. Why would she get whine about Red unfollowing if a retcon happened." And I realized, they don't care. They do not. Anything to keep their whiny, shit talking bullshit around they'll keep letting Val shit on Red.

I want an apology. I really do. I got made into a villain, RED got made into a villain, there was NO communication and I didn't even AGREE to be a part of this drama, both ooc and ic. It was because Bugs, who is unable to differentiate between IC and OOC decided to talk shit. I want an apology but I know I won't get it. And it fucking sucks.

--
    it was also told to me that bugs had implied that me and my friends had sent someone death threats to run them off of tumblr. which is fucking stupid, because NONE of us would do that. i was also ASLEEP when the person deleted their blog. i had only sent them one message, and this was the message.

[​IMG]

this was from A LONGGGG TIME AGO. like a year or almost two ago. i don't really remember, but it wasn't recent at all.

this has been going on all month and it had gotten to the point where im just. emotionally drained and tired all the time. you go rp to have fun and it's just.. awful. i could hardly even draw with how often i'd just. try and sleep instead.

just.

arghhhhh.

any clarification let me know but i'm just. ??? idk. sorry.

2. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

*gentle hugs*

That sounds very unfun and stressful and these people sound quite petty.

Are you interested in making up with these people at all? It's fine either way.

I think if you are looking for Homestuck RP, there are people here who could do that, and even in the forum setting which can be better than tumblr. (It is what I have generally used along with google docs, for private rps.)

3. jashindamnit

i'd LIKE to make up with these people. that'd be really nice, because i like when i can get along with people. but it's not possible. bugs will not apologize, will not listen. val-mun would not give me the time of day so there's no way they'd be willing to talk to me. it's just frustrating where it's like, i know this shit is being said about me, but i can't really defend myself.

and now i sorta rp on pesterchum and i'm trying to get back in the swing of rping on gw2. i LIKE the format of tumblr rp, i've been doing it for a few years but just. the whole rp scene has delved into shit talking and negativity and it's not fun at all.

4. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

hmm, it does seem it's not very possible to make up with them properly. :(

yeah, that does suck. I have encountered that too, and I always worry what bystanders will think of me.

okay, it's good to have other outlets. I haven't tried tumblr rp myself, because how do the thing, and tumblr community does scare me sometimes. :(

5. jashindamnit

i had put myself out there to try and talk about things but it was pretty pointless :(

if it happens again then i'm going to have to say something. idk. i don't want to air the dirty laundry to people in public ( this forum is fine ) but like if i've gotta then i will.

and like tumblr rp was very fun! i really enjoyed it for a while but now it's sorta. like. bad. it's really bad. it used to be very relaxed and people were mostly comfortable with each other now everyone is like. constantly on edge.

6. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

*empathy hugs*
    i have no suggestions really, though i've been through a bit of rp drama - or at least drama tangentially related to rping - on tumblr before, so yeah... i feel u about that. just yeah...

7. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Yeah, sounds like you were hit with a double RP drama whammy: people blurring the line between IC and OOC and people not communicating right at all. :( It sucks that you had to deal with this, especially when if they'd just talk to you, a lot of miscommunication could be hashed out. I think at this point the only thing you really can do is put some separation between you and them, at least until things calm down. I doubt you'll get an apology -- if they were mature and reasonable enough to offer one, this wouldn't have gotten so out of hand to begin with.

I left tumblr RP after a brief foray into it because it just seems constructed for most drama. Like a giant chamber of wank. Hopefully this doesn't discourage you from RPing elsewhere. There's always forum RP or journal RP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice