Your faves as Kintsugijin.

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Dec 4, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Imagine your fandom as a support board a la this one, where those with problems come to help each other, whatever that problem is. For what reason is each character here?

• Like x 3
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'll just do SU for now because while I'd love to do Homestuck as well, it's got so many gotdamn characters. I'll prolly do a few of my faves later. :P

Steven: Here because he needs to talk about his feelings regarding his late mom, and to work through all the trauma he racked up in season 3. Or a more mundane equivalent of that, rather.
    Connie: Here because she's concerned about her parents and their treatment of her. Spends a lot of time in ITA, but also is involved in several RPs and has like a dozen RP subaccounts.
    Pearl: Here because possibly sperg and also possibly PTSD. Also still grieving Rose. Might have an ITA thread, honestly.
    Amethyst: Here because BPD problems and anger issues. Gets into a lot of fights without really meaning to, but always does her best to make amends. Spends a lot of time in Fine Imported Drama laughing at shitheads.
    Peridot: Here because definitely sperg. Writes long essays in the Camp Pining Hearts thread in Fan Town. Her """vent""" thread is basically her Twitter, but in thread form.
    Lapis: Here because PTSD. Also spends a lot of time in ITA. Probably spends a fair bit of time in FID too.
    Garnet: Here to offer support. Possibly the KintSUgi equivalent of Seebs.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    • Like x 10
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Alanna of Trebond (Teen edition): Trying to figure out if trans or just a butch ciswoman or something else entirely, tends to have imposter syndrome. Later probably needs help untangling the emotional clusterfuck her relationship with Jon turns into until they swing back into <>.

• Like x 11
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Tried to come up with some for my special interest fandom, first one that hit me was Mokug being a survivor of child abuse (possibly CSA, it's noted his master liked his looks and it's hard to remember that wasn't supposed to be creepy) and also getting flak for being a non-native species. He tried finding support on Tumblr but everyone hates him for being too "mouse-passing". Then again, in Redwall it'd probably be much quicker to list characters who didn't have traumatic childhoods, so plenty of them would need us.

Also, Piknim and Craklyn are adorable thirteen-year-old lesbians who share an account and have super-supportive meatspace peeps and hang out here to help those who don't. Then plot happens, and Craklyn needs support herself...

• Like x 1
  5. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

this is hilarious because MY vent thread is basically her twitter but in thread form

anyways ill get around to the dancestors in a sec

• Like x 7
  6. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

.....I wanna do the beta trolls or the characters of Ava's Demon or Star vs. the Forces of Evil but
    I can't think of anything for any of them

• Like x 2
  7. furrylatula

actually you know i cant do it

i literally cant see 90% of the dancestors having enough of their shit together to coexist on a forum like this

• Like x 7
  8. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

I mean, Porrim, Latula, and Mituna could probably use something similar. The others... Possibly they've been banned a few times? Also, I want to do Undertale but I'm not sure where to start.

• Like x 1
  9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

SINCE I'VE BEEN REWATCHING HUNTERXHUNTER, the main nerds!

killua: his thread in ITA is terrifyingly long. other than that, he's having fun with forum games and threads about candy. will probably post in anything that gon does. spends some time in xx/xy, because his baby sis is trans and he wants to help her, but she's young and still stuck at home, so it's probably not good for her to get an account yet.
    gon: still hasn't made a thread about his dad, but someday everyone will convince him to write his abandonment feels. ninety percent of threads involving him descend into "DON'T DO THE THING" "too late :p"
    kurapika: has the universe's scariest vent thread and most upsetting witness me thread.
    leorio: is literally just here for the stress of medical school.

• Like x 5
  10. furrylatula

mituna is very much NOT a kintsugijin hes a horrible shitposting gremlin

aranea is probably civil enough to be here

shed frequent make it so and occasionally fine imported drama to try and make herself relevant to the drama somehow

• Like x 2
  11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Rodimus Prime came for the memes and likes to play in Fan Town and a lot of the humor threads. Acts jovial, kinda abrasive, but he's trying. He lurks a lot of the ADD threads in Braaaaaaains and makes the occasion very quiet sad post on an anonymous subaccount in Brainbent.

Drift came because Roddy did, and probably did a lot of positivity stuff for other people. Disappeared for a while, then hashed things out with Rodimus in Argument Island when he got back. He's got a Holler Closet thread, but it's 90% pick me up lines and 10% depressed posts because he likes being witnessed but he's uncomfortable being that vulnerable for long periods of time.

Ultra Magnus joined because he was told he needed to be more social and that this forum would be a good place for him to work out his brainweirds. His entire presence would be getting into pedantry wars on FiD. He Is Thriving.

• Like x 5
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Starscream: Spends most of his time being snarky in FID. If he ever posts anything personal or emotional it´s under a subaccount.

• Like x 5
  13. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Alphys joined because her self-loathing, avoidance, and guilt have ruined most of her life. She posts self-deprecating jokes and hangs out in Fan Town ranting about her fave anime (always forgets to spoiler tag, always genuinely sorry after).. but she hasn't yet worked up to talking about her issues. Even with seeing the kindness and patience people treat others with, she suspects she's awful enough to be an exception, and the thought of losing support from the community is enough to keep her from risking it.

Undyne joined to take part in the anime conversations Alphys mentioned. Then she saw some of the ITA threads, saw just how many people are hurting but doing their best to be happy, and nearly expired from the mix of pride in them for not giving up and anger at their situations.

Papyrus joined because Undyne mentioned she and Alphys are part of it, and it's a new place he can try to be POPULAR POPULAR POPULAR! He makes thread about his new exciting interests, a lot, and mostly abandons the ones that people don't respond to. He finds himself hanging out in the autism forum, glad of people who get it with things that other people seem not to.

• Like x 9
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Blaggut; was directed to ITA by a friend, probably Simeon (who's already a member and does a lot of posts on living awesomely with his blindness), who heard him casually talking about what Slipp says and does to him. Is totally baffled as to why anyone would think it was abuse; cap'n's just a one fer callin' funny names, an' it's quite right to whack a feller one when he does somethin' stupid, right?

• Like x 1
  15. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Donut: On here because well. He's Donut. Probably spends a lot of time in the gardening thread in make it so, and talks a lot about his issues with his coworkers.
    Griff: ITA. Basically, just... ITA. And the FID thread.
    Church: ITA. Also, vent thread is about a hundred pages long because christ that guy has issues. Struggles a lot with his alters.
    Idk about the rest, there are a lot.

RWBY
    Ruby: Grieving about her mom, and her uncle's issues with alcoholism. Probably begins a swords/weapons thread.
    Weiss: ITA, wrt her sister, and also a vent thread. Trying to deal with her in-grown racism due to shitty parenting.
    Blake: So much ITA. Just. So much ITA, swords thread, and fan town for comic books
    Yang: Issues with her mom, and later with the loss of her arm.

• Like x 8
  16. chaoticArbiter

.....all right but
    if RWBY!Kintsugi is set in the same universe as actual RWBY and everything that happens in actual RWBY happens in RWBY!Kintsugi, including the events of season 3 end and then season 4
    would Yang attempt to contact Blake or Ruby over the Kintsugi
    if they still came online would they still post
    if they did would Yang barge into the threads they posted in and start yelling at them or

17. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

TBH I think Yang would be alternate between screaming rants (mostly at Blake, who's gone offline completely) and just. Dead silence.
    'Cause she's both really pissed and kind of fucked up, imo.

• Like x 1
  18. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

Fairly OddParents

Norm the Genie:
    definitely ITA, lots of ITA, fifty thousand years of it. and fid - he likes watching the drama and snarking about it. in make it so, he does stuff in the music threads. he likes fan town and has a thread for i dream of jeannie. and he does lots of bottom serket stuff. and he has a vent thread in brainbent. he sometimes gets into fights for the fun of being right and/or 'cause someone pissed him off. cynical about human nature.

Denzel Crocker: ITA stuff about his mom. vent thread about fairies and how people treat him and his students and his brainweird. really, really, really wants validation and has trouble getting it. he has united with norm over their mutual beef with timmy turner and norm has trusted him with one of his secrets, but the alliance is fragile 'cause they both keep on tripping over each other's brainweirds and abuse histories.

• Like x 2
  19. chaoticArbiter

....yeah, that makes sense.

20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Jame and Tori would do nothing but fight. A discussion would be happening and then the other would poke in and it would continue along for a bit longer. The peace would be a tense one though and it would inevitably break.

We can't even discuss cat pictures without a fight. Because Jame breaks everything.

One day a fight would be brought into the venting thread Tori finally gave in to making. It would be awful and head to the argument board proper.

the fight would be without end

fight

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice