A 600 Years Old Popsicle [Mass Effect: Andromeda]

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by witchknights, Mar 21, 2017.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i thought it'd be better to make a new tread for MEA because spoilers! Anyway. I just downloaded it and played for a bit because I still need sleep unfortunately, but I managed to make a pretty decent Ryder. I'm having inexplicable trouble screenshotting things though - apparently print screen doesn't work? - or I'd post a photo, but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about the game.

2. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Are you playing on Steam? If so, you can press F12 to take a screenshot. Printscreen doesn't work in a lot of cases, because it works by copying the image to clipboard...

3. witchknights

Inquisition took screenshots via print screen, I assumed MEA would do the same. I'm not running via steam, so I think I'll have to download Fraps again, bummer. It was really practical doing it in dai, my adhd ass keeps forgetting that I need other stuff when I need other stuff.

4. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I'm interested in hearing thoughts! I want to play the game, but given some mixed early reviews that I saw and the fact that I've never played a Mass Effect (I have them all, but always end up preferring to replay Dragon Age for the billionth time bc I'm a medieval fantasy guy, not a sci-fi guy) I'm thinking of maybe waiting until it's no longer full price... still I'd enjoy being on the Hype Train so like, I'd really appreciate everyone's thoguths.

5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Actually scratch that, I am definitely getting myself this game if only so I can name my character Izzy Ryder and have this entire galactic adventure (and obligatory lesbian alien dating) with a heroine whose name is a godawful pun

6. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

i really hope that at some point in ME:A someones asks Ryder if they're the human and the casual response is "negative, i am a meat popsicle".

7. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

also I am really wanting this game but i'm holding off at least until people who play it can confirm that the ending isn't terrible.

8. witchknights

i've played a bit today! i stopped on the first big mission after you get the Tempest so I could study. I can't say a lot about combat because i'm playing on baby mode (not ULTRA BABY MODE, but baby mode) buut it looks ok so far. Not as intense as the OT; an extremely similar experience, in feel, to DAI - although it has more places to go.

• Like x 1
  9. witchknights

Some screenshots!
    MassEffectAndromeda 2017-03-21 11-32-36-25.jpg MassEffectAndromeda 2017-03-21 12-55-06-39.jpg MassEffectAndromeda 2017-03-21 12-56-50-43.jpg MassEffectAndromeda 2017-03-21 13-00-41-30.jpg MassEffectAndromeda 2017-03-21 13-19-23-80.jpg

MassEffectAndromeda 2017-03-21 11-50-26-58.jpg

And a bonus Joan Shepard, babyfaced and two minutes away from being wrapped around in a blanket and picked up by Anderson like a tiny tiny angry kitten
    MassEffectAndromeda 2017-03-21 11-24-39-97.jpg

Compared to her original MEOT self:
    [​IMG]

give me my cheekbone sharpness back, you fools, you buffoons

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like x 1
  10. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

MAN OKAY the combat is super smooth and clean in this-- it's a massive improvement on the combat in ME3, and that was already pretty stellar. The profiles are really nice, and the way you can level yourself makes it feel much more tailored to individual playstyles; I'm running a basic Adept build, but because I can tweak the customization as I want (for a while, I was using a tech power to steal shields since I hadn't buffed mine up yet) the combat's never really that frustrating.

The companions are all delightful so far, and they move around the ship, which is great. You can get conversations between them if you just pass by too, with up to five or six people participating. It's really fun, and it adds a lot of depth!

The story's pretty good so far, but I'm only hitting my third planet and haven't even found the other three arks, so I'm pretty sure I have a ways to go. With around 10 hours so far, it's feeling like Inquisition in terms of story breadth and scale, which is nice. My one complaint about the original series has always been how short it was, so it's pretty cool to have a lot to do and a huge narrative to look forward to?

The customization isn't as good as DA:I, but I can forgive that because the scars and tattoos are SICK AS SHIT and you get to do your twin too. It's like a reverse FO4 where the baby is your dad. There's also some graphical glitches, and rigging issues especially on the asari females? But all the nonhumanoid races look fucking gorgeous, and I would??? Die???? For Vetra???

ANYWAYS I AM HAVING A GREAT TIME HOW BOUT YALL

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  11. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

HEEEY

I'll add pics when I get my new ryder design but uh I broke my save and lost a lot of progress (Don't be me, don't die between two autosave spots.) The game is great and I love it, I just want a fem ryder now ;;

• Like x 2
  12. jashindamnit

jashindamnit problematic pettanko loving, crop burning dragon

[​IMG]
    thank you mass effect reddit

• Like x 4
  13. witchknights

image.png

I'm not far enough in the story to get most of cora's backstory but all that I could think about in the first conversations was this

• Like x 6
  14. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Ok I've had a character since forever whose name is Angel Ryder and it's halfway a pun because she's a HUGE LESBIAN and p. much everyone I've listened to about ME:A has talked about how lesbian their Ryder is.

[​IMG]

I have to wait until next month though when I'm not painfully broke.

• Like x 3
  15. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

(painfully broke sympathy like)

• Like x 1
  16. witchknights

Ryder is such a bisexual disaster. it's very funny to see her hitting on people because there's this obvious undercurrent of WHY THE FUCK DID I OPEN MY MOUTH all the time

• Like x 6
  17. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

@witchknights I'm seeing a lot of ME players complaining about how badly and awkwardly Ryder flirts and I feel like a world-weary combat veteran having flashbacks to Garret "[your former slaver tearing the flesh from your corpse] seems like a waste of a perfectly handsome elf" Hawke.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like x 4
  18. witchknights

the people complaining about ryder's awkward flirts are weak of body and soul and will not survive the winter.

honestly, that's what i'm liking the most about the game, outside of the... well, gamey parts. Usually I can gauge pretty quickly who's going to be the bae in a game because i know myself and what i'm about (alistair, merrill, cullen, kaidan - i'm all about that milquetoast) but ryder's interactions with everyone are so precious and awkward in their own ways, so i really can't say who i'm going to end up romancing. for now, i'm really into Vetra and Liam, but Peebee is also a cutie?? Suvi is the only available romance that I'm not super interested, but that's because she doesn't have a lot of content.

• Like x 4
  19. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Okay, not gonna lie, I'm in love with the fact that the Andromeda team looked at all the "you can tell when combat's about to happen because there's just suddenly waist-high cover everywhere" and went, 'you know what? that's a good piece of criticism. we'll address that.'

And now we have waist high cover everywhere. SPOT YOUR AMBUSHES NOW, FOOLS.

• Like x 4
  20. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

"Oh wow, I caved and bought the game already even though I was considering postponing its purchase! At least I get to play it right no-"
    [9 hours until installation is complete]
    "... nevermind"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice