a ghost slapped my ass! (ghost adventures)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by artistformerlyknownasdave, Oct 29, 2016.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

aka my favorite terrible ghost show

tonight i guess there's a two hour special i'll probably be asleep for, but i'm excited nonetheless and wanted to know if anyone else watches this squad of dudebros scare the shit out of themselves?

favorite episodes? scenes? least favorites?

2. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I do not but I am curious because my favourite shitty ghost show is Most Haunted (i dunno if there's an american version, I'm british so i watch the british version) and I am always looking for other shitty ghost shows to enjoy
    Any recs as to where I can find it when I am not an american human?

3. artistformerlyknownasdave

[​IMG]
    travelchannel.com miiiiiight let you watch select episodes on their website? but here is the first proper ghost adventures episode on youtube and here is their documentary! surprisingly youtube is a pretty good place to find the episodes :0 netflix also has some, but it's in a "collection" which means it's just a smattering of episodes ):

• Like x 1
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

Excellent
    Most Haunted has the advantage of having Derek Acorah, he who manages to get possessed every thirty seconds. I made this dumb thing once
    i'm not running on all cylinders right now.png
    Dude in the middle is Derek, channelling his spirit guide. Lass on the left is Yvette, the main presenter; spends a lot of time shrieking. Dude on the right is... I have forgotten his name, but he was the first season's token science man who got scepticism all over everything.
    I've never looked for it online because I have a lot of it on dvd -cough- but I can if others are interested.

• Like x 2
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

UNSEEN

but in seriousness, yes please! i'm always game for more shitty ghost shows >:D

ghost broventures' aaron is known for being Afraid of Everything so consequently he's the one who gets to walk down the dark hallways and left alone in the haunted rooms with the creepy dolls. in the documentary he was so scared he slept in the car instead of the hotel room, haha

• Like x 1
  6. TwoBrokenMirrors

UNSEEEENNNN
    I think that means that particular scene wasn't in the tv broadcast or something. xP I screencapped cos i was watching dvds on my laptop
    Let me go and have a look...
    ...Turns out they have their own youtube channel, though idk if it's official or anything. But here!
    The screamy presenters are always the best presenters. 8D

• Like x 2
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

well, the special is 3/4ths of the way through! so far my favorite part was them deciding a spider crawling on them was "going straight for the jugular"

• Like x 2
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I think Ghost Adventures is the show I saw a Tumblr post about that said it was A+ comedy no matter what your opinions on the supernatural, because if you don't believe in ghosts it's about a bunch of dumb jackasses who go into old buildings and scare themselves silly at nothing, and if you do believe in ghosts it's about a bunch of dumb jackasses who go into old buildings and antagonize the dead. :::PPP

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    • Like x 5
  9. TwoBrokenMirrors

That's basically my attitude. xP I like to believe there are absolutely ghosts at these places but they're just dicking people around for the laughs.

• Like x 1
  10. artistformerlyknownasdave

thaaaaaat sounds like ghost adventures, yeah XP

• Like x 1
  11. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

i cant remember if it was ghost adventures or not but i remember there was this one episode where the crew went down off the coast of ... Florida I think? to go to an old prison fort from the civil war.

and...so to harass the ghosts into manifesting they had this. shitty little remote controlled buggy rolling around the fort playing some union victory song like

why. who even thinks of that. why are they so rude.

it was great

• Like x 9
  12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is "Ghosts are real, these shows are totally fake but they're entertaining."

• Like x 2
  13. TwoBrokenMirrors

P much mine too

• Like x 1
  14. artistformerlyknownasdave

i think the best thing is ghost adventures is like...you can tell when they're staging something and when they don't stage something and aren't expecting it they freak the FUCK out and it is faaaaantastic

(also, it kind of seems like we might have a need for a general shitty ghost shows thread, and i will happily convert this one!)

• Like x 1
  15. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

wasn't there an episode of ghost adventures where they literally used sound effects from some video game or another as their ~spooky ghost noise~

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice