A peek inside Prinz's mind, and medicine cabnet

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by PrinzVyper, Sep 20, 2016.

1. PrinzVyper

PrinzVyper "Cum cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus."

Okay here goes:
    I was diagnosed with depression in '97, bipolar disorder type II in 2001, schizophrenia, and panic disorder shortly thereafter. I have always been claustrophobic, and now am agoraphobic, both are mild and situational. In this time I have had 5 different doctors, and each doctor has had different ideas about how to treat me, and they all have pet drugs. I have been on, paxil, welbutrin, remeron, risperdal, lithium, seroquel, depakote, klonopin, abilify, trazadone, viibryd, and rexulti. I think that's all but I might have missed one or two.
    My symptoms: Auditory and sometimes visual hallucinations, mostly controlled by meds, I have one voice that never shuts up, he keeps a running commentary of everything I do, how it's wrong and stupid, and uses the foulest language possible while doing so. I still cycle from high to low and back on a regular basis, all the meds seem to do is help smooth them out a bit, the highs are lower, the lows are a bit higher. I have yet to find a specific trigger for the panic attacks, they seeming hit at random. I only get claustrophobic when restrained in any way, and when I can't feel fresh air on my face. That makes using a CPAP problematic. The agoraphobia only seems to affect me when I'm in a crowd, single people don't set it off, the faceless masses do. I can flash into totally unreasonable anger, but that's rare these days. Finally, I sometimes get the urge to cut myself, once I see my own blood the urge fades. The only reason I don't do this one more often is the way it effects the people in my life. Stress is my biggest problem, stress makes everything so much worse. I spend a lot of time managing stress. These are at the "life ruining" stage, and have been for a long time. I can do basic tasks, care for myself, clean house, even shop, and see my doctors, but a 9 to 5 is right out. And I'll probably never to to a concert or movie ever again. I tried going back to school and didn't last a day.
    Current psyc meds: Seroquel, depakote, viibryd, rexulti, trazadone, and klonopin.
    Note: lithium was very effective, but can no longer take it due to decreased kidney function.

So, questions, ideas, suggestions? I am open and willing to talk..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice