age regression?

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Maya, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

so i guess the main question is is it possible to age regress without being aware of it and in order to be regressed do you have to act exactly as you did at [x] age or can you just act as a member of [x] age/age-group typically would and also what the hell is it exactly i am... so confused.

2. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

As far as I know, "mental age" is a cultural construct that over-simplifies actual impairments and is more useful to infantilize disabled people than it is to describe/diagnose disabilities. I know skill loss is supposedly a thing with some developmental disorders, but googling "age regression" just turns up ageplay stuff. :/

In what context did you hear this term?

• Like x 4
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

+1, the context in which the term is used makes a big difference to what it's being used to mean.

• Like x 1
  4. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

i heard it used as in "during times of extreme stress (ptsd flashbacks, panic attacks, etc) you may start acting like the age you were when you experienced the trauma, including hallucinating being in the location or hallucinating the event happening again" but i've also heard it in the context of you just act a certain age when you're anxious because of the same reasons

• Like x 2
  5. bunnies!

bunnies! Actual Moe Bunny Girl, Holly

I... guess this applies to me? though the age range was "since I can remember to 19" so it's more reverting to habits/behaviors I had for mitigating the stress than acting like whatever age.

6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

On particularly stressful tests, I've been known to write down my class as one I was in anywhere from the year before to about 5 years ago.

7. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I've only seen it in the context of ageplay stuff, but I know I kinda... drop into a very childish mindset when I'm stressed and find it harder to do Adult Things because my brain is like, "We are a small child now sorry bye." Which is stressful if I'm alone when that happens nwn;;

8. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

this happens to me in moments of extreme panic, prolonged stress, or repetitive experiences that start edging on traumatic the longer they keep happening.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice