Brexit

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by BlackholeKG, Jun 24, 2016.

1. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

BX1.png BX3.png BX4.png BX5.png BX6.png BX7.png BX2.jpg

Well, at least Nigel Farage is happy. -_-

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i'm so worried about the entire uk right now. i'm not from there, but yeah... it's got me really worried.

3. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

What the fuck, 2016.

• Like x 3
  4. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

:C I am concerned for my family and dear ones

5. unknownanonymous

is there anything that can be done to help the uk?

6. mcsiggy

mcsiggy Is actually a small floof ball on top of a cow

8( gosh, really @BlackholeKG you were one of the first people i thought of who lives in the uk, im so sorry this happened holy shit...

7. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Two of my dearest friends are having to close their online business as a direct result of us leaving the EU. Another of my friends is terrified that he's going to have to leave the country, and as a result he and his girlfriend (another one of my best friends) are starting to consider moving to his home country of Spain. My little sister is terrified of what this means for her future. My family are crowing about what a success it's all been whilst my Facebook news feed is full of scared and angry people. My boyfriend and I are starting to seriously consider moving halfway across the world to escape this whole shitshow. People I went to school with are scared of what this means for their careers, because we all studied music and most of them rely on freedom of movement to be able to perform in EU countries.

And don't forget: Now that Cameron is resigning the Tory party will have to elect a new leader, who will become PM. They'll elect a Brexiter. And given that only party members will be allowed to vote, that means 150,000 people will be in charge of deciding who gets to lead the country. Given what happened when Brown got voted in outside of an election years ago, and how deeply criticised he was for not calling an election, odds are whoever follows Cameron will call one. As a result the Labour party will probably hold another leadership contest, because the country has shown itself to not be in line with Jeremy Corbyn's style of thinking. So we're looking at two leadership contests held in parallel with the triggering of Article 50 following hard on their heels. The market has plummeted, we're haemorrhaging money, and no one knows who's going to be flying the bloody plane.

Oh, and my friend drove past some fresh graffiti on her way to work. It said, 'POLES, GET YOUR PASSPORTS'.

But this is all fine and exactly what the country needed, yeah?

• Like x 2
  8. unknownanonymous

9. Nertbugs

Ooh, and also, don't forget that:
    The Japanese stock market has crashed by over 8%.
    Another push for Scottish independence looks likely.
    Far right nationalists across Europe are calling for referendums and the end of the EU.
    Hundreds of small pension schemes are in dire straits.
    The FTSE opened 10% down and wiped £100 billion off within minutes of opening.
    The German DAX market is expected to open 10% down.
    S&P has announced that the UK is likely to lose its AAA credit rating.
    Nigel Farage has said that the Leave campaign's propaganda about spending the money we used for membership fees - about £350 million - on the NHS was a 'mistake'.

10. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

AH CHRIST THO

(now going up to read the thread)

11. BlackholeKG

But hey, you know, at least we don't have to worry about hte immigrants!!!!! /sarcasm

• Like x 1
  12. EulersBidentity

Cameron: “I do not think it would be right for me to be the captain who steers the country to its next destination.”

YOU FUCKING BISCUIT
    It's too fucking late! You got in over your stupid condom-shaped head when you promised this referendum to score points in the gen el, and now you want to ditch responsibility!

• Like x 2
  13. BlackholeKG

Seriously though, I've already heard from one friend who has lived here for 14 years and is now concerned that he's going to be thrown out of the country.

14. Nertbugs

I have friends that live in another EU country, that moved there from here, and now they're having to scramble to put together a worst case scenario plan in case us leaving means they can't stay. They have an infant.

15. EulersBidentity

Jesus yeah, there's a thing I hadn't considered. If the pound goes into freefall then pension values will topple like in 2008, and that 65+ Leave majority is going to be in a bad fucking position. God, this is going to cause so many more problems than it solves.

Edit: cause or exacerbate. I'm not dim, I'm not ignoring the poverty and working-class disaffection that led to this. I'm also not making any sense in the words I say and should probably go make a cup of tea and chill out a minute before I type anything else.

• Like x 2
  16. Nertbugs

@EulersBidentity You just know he's sitting in his office looking tragically out of the window reciting 'Invictus' to himself.

17. EulersBidentity

'Both the BBC and ITV called the result for leave at around 4.40am. Farage had declared victory 20 minutes earlier, despite having earlier conceded he had probably lost. He said the British people had achieved a revolution “without a single bullet being fired”. '
    Farage you're the worst human being on this stupid island

Edit but spoilered because upsetting
    You say this a week after Jo Cox is literally shot dead by a man shouting "Britain First"

• Like x 7
  18. Nertbugs

BRITISH INDEPDENCES! YEEEAH! FREEDOM!

... God I feel sick

19. BlackholeKG

I can't believe the man used the term "independence day". How disrespectful is that to the literal 1/3 of the world that this country had tucked away in its empire a century ago? Yeah, EU membership has been such an oppressive institution of foreign rule. -_-

• Like x 6
  20. NumiTuziNeru

NumiTuziNeru @#$%?

8)))) ) )) ) I'm a Pole living in the UK to study this is freaking me out like first my home country goes to right-wing hell and now this
    what're the requirements for moving to Canada permanently at least I can smooch my girlfriend there

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice