but what if grim yes?

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by thegrimsqueaker, Feb 21, 2019.

1. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

right, let's do this

and start it off right with an oddbody furby, bc yes

[​IMG]

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Permission to repost this to the cursed images thread?

3. thegrimsqueaker

go for it :3

• Winner x 1
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

My first reaction to seeing the title : GRIM NO

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. thegrimsqueaker

6. thegrimsqueaker

victory is mine! bring me the finest muffins and bagels in all the land bc victory is mine!

I started the day w a to-do list and I completed all of the mandatory things and one of the if-leftover-energy-exists tasks! I accomplished things and victory is mine!

• Winner x 5
  7. thegrimsqueaker

the pain I'm in today is not fair value for the work I did yesterday

• Witnessed x 5
  8. thegrimsqueaker

speaking of fair value, has anyone else read In an Absent Dream yet? or any of the other Wayward Children books?

9. thegrimsqueaker

-le sign- you ppl need to read the books so I can have someone to shout about them with

10. Re Allyssa

i just picked up a new book for like the first time in literal years and i have huge backlog to read or i would jump right on that

• Witnessed x 1
  11. thegrimsqueaker

ok I'll give you a pass. for now

what's the book?

• Like x 1
  12. Re Allyssa

ehehe something way below my reading level. it's um fuck hold on - Under Their Skin by Margret Haddix.

she's like, my favorite author even though technically her stuff is aimed at middle schoolers so i have long out grown her, but eh. she does a lot of like, soft sci-fi stuff. like there's one book about two women who took an anti aging drug at 99 right before they started dying, and now whoops, they are literally aging backwards and losing memories as they go (turnabout). that kind of wibbly sci-fi

of course she did the shadow children series (among the hidden) which is what most people know

this book - i haven't figured out the twist yet, but i'm thinking clones, as that was one of her other books

premise - these two twins, their mom is getting remarried and surprise! the dude they've known for 2 years actually has kids and their mom is refusing to let them meet or even know anything about them

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. thegrimsqueaker

dude I still read a bunch of authors that I started reading in like middle school. no shame there :3

and that sounds p cool! will have to check it out

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. Re Allyssa

yeah i do too, especially like when i was still reading often. i pretty much only read YA. but then i started reading aimed at adults books and sometimes i go back to middle school ones and i'm like "oh okay so there is a difference" when i didn't use to notice it xD

I really wish i could get access to those scholastic book pamflet thingies, tho. i'd pay a monthly fee even! so many good books. like i wanna read 39 clues because it's all cowritten by like all my favorite YA authors. i have no idea what the series is about, but i wanna read it

i literally only got my first check book because i needed to pay for those (my hs library person got them for us, and i'm pretty sure i single handedly brought in enough costs to break even xDD)

• Like x 2
  15. Re Allyssa

!!! scholastic books has an online store and as far as i can tell, you don't have to be a student or a teacher to buy things...

This was a very bad (read: great) idea x3

• Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  16. thegrimsqueaker

just remember: whoever dies with the most books wins

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice