Don't know what to call this

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Alska, May 29, 2015.

1. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

-

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i did p much that same thing this afternoon, used up all my nope on the internet and then ended up sniveling about my back pain, dribbling tears onto my cat. normally i don't get emotional about physical pain, it's just a fact of life and i mostly have a sense of humor about it, but when i'm emotionally worn out sometimes this happens. presumably some sort of ego depletion. whatever you're using willpower to hold off, when your willpower is used up, it'll come rolling back.

and the stuff i was reading today wasn't even all distressing, i was just working my way chronologically through the 'new posts' list here. but i care about people here quite a bit, and caring takes energy; doing that on top of having a really, really, really bad arthritis day... it turned out to be too much.

so to answer your question -- or fail to answer it, rather -- nah, i don't know the word for that, but i know where you're coming from.

3. jacktrash

my day improved significantly and ended up being pretty great! thank you for the thought. :)

yeah, that would be pretty useful. i've been saying 'ran out of nope' but that sort of implies i'm trying to reject my emotional connection with what i'm reading, which isn't the case. it's just that i became unable to nope out of having feelings about my back pain. so that's not a very good terminology.

4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Empty spoon drawer (but, like, seriously, isn't it a terrible feeling to make a nice bowl of cereal, open the silverware drawer, and realize that all your spoons are dirty)
    Barren fuck field
    I've used "ran out of can" before

Hmmmm maybe it should be one word, in keeping with the feel of nyerhhhhno
    guh.

5. jacktrash

eh, it's not so much 'ran out of fucks' as 'attacked by fucks because ran out of whatever i was using to deal with them.'

• Like x 1
  6. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

For me it's sort of an overgrown fuck field. Suddenly I have all of the fucks to give and I couldn't stop giving them if I tried. I am the Oprah of fucks. Someone's cat lost a moth! YOU GET A FUCK. Someone I don't even know's SO broke up with them! YOU GET A FUCK. I stubbed my toe. ALL OF THE FUCKS. SOMEONE TAKE THESE FUCKS I AM DROWNING IN THEM.

• Like x 8
  7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

fuckoprah

#this is legitimately all i could write #i am sitting on my bed giggling because i wrote fuckoprah on the internet #what the hell

• Like x 3
  8. jacktrash

YES EXACTLY

• Like x 2
  9. Magpie

Magpie a nest full of shiny things

I tend to say that for me and my anxiety-ridden ass, if I give ANY fucks about ANYTHING somedays, I give EVERY FUCK and then it's just like having FIFTEEN CATS crammed in a bag which is designed for FIVE CATS and they're all angry about it........

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice