Feeling of being imaginary

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by goldenflowertea, Nov 20, 2016.

1. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

…what does it mean if you keep feeling like a fictional character? I don’t mean thinking you’re a specific character, like otherkin stuff, or even identifying a lot with a specific character. I mean like, thinking-I’m not Karkat or Katniss, I know that, but I’m not any more real than Karkat or Katniss. Maybe even less real, because loads of people know who they are and hardly anyone knows me. I’m just some shitty-ass OC by an unknown author, that somehow tricked the world itself into believing I’m a real person. And at any moment the world and the people in it might suddenly realise it’s a trick.

• Like x 1
  2. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

depersonalization maybe?

3. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

(Camps into the thread because saaaaaaaame)

4. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

-You too? Oh god, I thought it was just me. *hugs*

• Like x 2
  5. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Nngh, sympathy and witnessed, because I find I need to specifically avoid that line of thought entirely. (For me, it's "what if I'm just someone's RP character?" which leads to being unsure if anything is really-real if I let myself go down that rabbit hole. Also to being extremely unhappy with / hostile towards my hypothetical mun.)

• Like x 1
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Can we all punch our authors

7. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Agreed

• Like x 1
  8. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

"i'm not real" in any iteration generally maps onto the concept of depersonalization, or more broadly dissociation

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice