clowntown daily dispatch (acey’s bejeweled baguette): currently screaming about fanfiction

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Acey, Dec 15, 2018.

?

do you enjoy the theme to malcolm in the middle

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

13.3%
  3. maybe

26.7%
  4. i don’t know

40.0%
  5. can you repeat the question?

63.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

i was always a class clown so

2. I’d say it’s working pretty well so far!

• Winner x 1
  3. Acey

we went to the ren faire today and got delicious chinese food after...a good day

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  4. Acey

also ngl i accidentally got a bit drunk at the ren faire. underestimated just how much that (delicious, mind) raspberry cider/mead/beer combob would kick my ass. i am perhaps more of a lightweight than i thought i was. :P

(probably didn't help that i drank it a lil too fast haha. oh well, it was tasty and refreshing in the heat.)

...this, combined with the VERY uneven terrain, might be what led to me tweaking the foot i injured back in spokane again. it still hurts! joy! but i don't think i re-sprained it at least, when i injured it the first time i was dragging it and limping SUPER bad and i didn't limp much this time? just a tweak that hurt extra because i probably-sprained it relatively recently. i'll take some ibuprofen asap haha.

(tbh other than that being kinda inebriated at the ren faire was very fun tho, so it's whatever p much.)

edit: to clarify, i wasn’t SUPER drunk? i was in a gray area between tipsy and actually drunk. :P

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  5. Acey

i love chow mein so fucking much y’all...that’s some good shit if i do say so myself

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  6. Acey

i love my friends and i love being a friend

• Winner x 6
  7. We love you too!!

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 1
  8. Acey

51867622-F8E6-4F15-B6DE-43936ADCFFED.jpeg

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

unwelcome to you, maybe

• Informative x 1
  10. Acey

since ali made a psa about speech patterns and this is prolly worth noting: i tend to use “dude” as an emphatic marker a LOT by default, so please lmk if you’re not comfortable with that! (it’s a california dialect thing, and is gender-neutral around here in that context, but i know that in some dialects “dude” is very explicitly gendered, so...)

• Informative x 1
  11. Acey

related amusing fact: it’s SO prevalent where i live that my dad and i joke that people from santa cruz can carry on an entire conversation using ONLY the word “dude”

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Acey

regional language differences are fucking fascinating

• Agree x 6
  13. Acey

relatedly, another weird fact:
    59B8A97C-E9AC-4F4C-9D3C-B0BCFB4D40EA.jpeg

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  14. Acey

not to kinkshame but this is easily the most horrifying possible response to the concept of nude juggalos

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I vaguely remember people using it when I was little and it being a Japanese thing??? But they say jan ken pon, so I dunno. I might be misremembering. In Texas, for reference.

• Informative x 1
  16. Acey

There’s speculation about that, yeah! IIRC a lot of evidence points to the game being brought over from Japan, specifically by way of the SF Bay Area? And jan-ken-pon and ro-sham-bo have...they don’t sound super similar imo, but they have the same energy, imo.

EDIT: As an addendum, I was born in North Carolina, and it’s rock-paper-scissors there. (And I once read a short story that called it scissors-paper-stone, but I have never heard an actual human person call it that?)

• Informative x 1
  17. Acey

also i STARTED saying “hella” ironically but then it became sincere

18. Acey

JAM BUDS IS GOOD CONTENT

• Agree x 5
  19. Acey

is calvinball a sport

20. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

you'll need to ask the CEO of sports

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice