Forest Run: Warrior Cats DnD (OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by keltka, Dec 10, 2016.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

I'll make the Actual RP Thread later (once we've got interest and a good cast!), but from the idea from the Warriors Thread, how about Kintsugi Plays Cat DnD?

I don't mind DMing this, but we're going to need some copies of the actual gameplay stuff from the backs of the books...

That said, while I'd like to use the actual gameplay stuff as a starting point, we don't have to restrict it to being the only thing that occurs!

IMPORTANT STUFF:
    RP-related
    Link to the online info! (how to play the game/create a cat/etc)
    Basic Info Chart! (covers player characters, their mentors, and a "quick summary" of who's in what clan)
    Backstory Guide (bios for all of the PCs and NPCs, along with photo refs)
    "How to be a Clan Cat" Guide by @amberbydreams! (basic "need-to-know" info about the warriors world and how to live in it.)

Making Of A Cat
    Cat Creator! (fairly broad color options (kind of limited pattern options), lets you design a ref image fairly easily!)
    CAT COLOR GUIDE thank you @Void (colors and types of cats!)
    Litter Color Calculator THANK YOU AGAIN @Void (useful resource for determining what color kits two cats would have, or if all the siblings in a litter are possible!)

EDIT 1 (12/10/2016)
    AIGHT WE'RE DOING THIS!
    What I'm going to need from you:
    1. Completed Character Sheet
    2. Detailed Character Reference (or actual image!)
    3. A brief bio! Should include information about your cat, and who your cat's mentor is!
    4. A sincere promise that you've read the Rules, or at least the Quick Guide
    And that's about it! We'll be starting Wednesday, probably!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I've never DM'd before so I'm all for you being DM if we get enough interest. I am down to make some characters and play tho :3

3. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Hell yes I'm all for this I don't actually have any of the books anymore but tbh I'm sure a guidebook or whatever could be find online

hell I'm pretty sure someone's tweaked actual DND to work for Warriors

BUT YES I'M SUPER EXCITED AND LET'S BE REAL I'M DEFINITELY GONNA RESURRECT AN OLD WARRIORS CHARACTER OF MINE FOR THIS

4. theambernerd

Oh heck yeah. Amberstripe the ancient self-insert needs some dust brushed off her and another alternate backstory to be make (the character she morphed into over the years changed into an ex-bloodclan rogue named just Amber, but I can re-make her as a clan cat too :P)

5. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

hello i am interested

i have no experience with dnd and very little with rp if that's okay? i can read up on stuff though

*blows dust off my old cat OCs* lemmie see which one of you is the least embarrassing

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  6. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

um i would actually legit be interested in this.... i don't normally warriors but i have a pretty good idea of basic setting stuff...

7. theambernerd

If you want I can probably find/cook up a basic run-down of clan structure & beliefs & moral code!

8. Void

oh i've read like at least one. i have a general idea but a basic run down would also probably be handy for everyone just to have a reference? (plus, would be nice to have cuz i like having a thing to doublecheck)

9. keltka

Oh uhm! iirc correctly, we won't need any Actual DnD experience (I do have some, though!) but I would really appreciate it if someone with the books could track down some of the stuff for that? (aMBER DO YOU HAVE THEM MAYBE)

Once we get that, I'd like everyone to post a character according to those guidelines! For now, maybe posting your character and a picture of them? If you'd like to make a quick picture, I use this cat creator whenever I need a kitty OC ^ ^

10. blue

blue hightown funk you up

i am interested in this, but will probably be busy with finals until wednesday - if it hasn't built up too much momentum by then for me to jump on, i'm in :3

11. raginghearts

The more the merrier!! And thankfully the Warriors setting/premise is fairly simple. And no worries for less experience, we've all been new once!

12. keltka

Oh uh yeah nnnno we're definitely not gonna be able to do anything until Wednesday at the Earliest—I have two finals coming up, Monday/Tuesday, along with an interview on Tuesday @_@
    SO just planning until then!!!

13. keltka

Also, I'm still defs down to DM but I'm REALLY new to RP on Kintsugi (and forums PERIOD, I usually do it over chat clients) so is there any like...accepted practice? Should I make a subaccount???? he L P

14. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

a quick rundown of kintsugi rp guidelines would be neato

15. theambernerd

Alright I'll write up a little How The Fuck to Warrior Cat Clans probably tonight
    Iiiiiii think my copies of the books with the DND games are back at my dorm and i'm home for break, but I can check around online and I know I can find pdfs of the books pretty easily

• Like x 1
  16. raginghearts

hmmm. I'm new to doing DND style RPs on forums, but I know there's a site called Roll20 which is generally used for online RPG playing, which we could maybe use? I think it has chat capabilities too but I'm not sure... I DUNNO

17. theambernerd

Yay!! The Warriors official site has character sheets and creation and rules and things; and a practice short game, so unless we want me to scrounge for some of the longer games in the books immediately we can probably go with that one (so that means probly no one but our DM Supreme keltka should click on the 'practice mission' link)
    but here's the link on the warriors site to quickstart & character creation and such

http://www.warriorcats.com/games-and-extras/games/adventure-game

"Warriors Adventure Game" aka Baby's First Cat DnD

18. Void

ooh that's very handy!

19. keltka

Dude, you are my HERO. and thank you, I'm super hype to see your quick guide :D :D :D

@raginghearts roll20's pretty good for dnd stuff but I'd rather we not require people to have more than one account to join @_@ also iirc, the cat dnd system is REALLY straightforward, and shouldn't require anything super fancy!

• Like x 1
  20. raginghearts

Oh no I'm reading through this and it's so... adorable, almost. Especially after coming from playing Actual DnD. It's so cute help

though coming from a DnD standpoint I am a bit sad at not using dice
    but at the same time, this set up would make it much easier to actually roleplay out in a forum setting

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice