fuck, where are my glasses

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by electroTelegram, Oct 22, 2016.

1. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

a community whine thread!

i am super nearsighted, and also super forgetful. when i lose my glasses finding them is really difficult because i can't see. this happens a lot. please use this space to complain with me

also eta: if anyone has a more creative title pls help

update 12/19/16:

just clarifying that this thread is not just for complaining about lost glasses, it's a general glasses thread!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Tfw your glasses are dirty and smudged so you can't see anything and when you clean them they're so clean that you see the reflection of your own eye and you can't see anything.

• Like x 6
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

tfw your glasses will not stay on your face. or at least, will not stay in a useful spot for more than five seconds at a time. and this is because you were Foolish when you got the frames and went for something that looked nice and would sort of make it look less like you have ridiculously thick lenses, except this came at the cost of "built approximately like sunglasses", meaning no grips on the nose. So you need to be careful when looking down, or your glasses will literally fall right off your face

also, tfw you aren't sure if the headache is eyestrain b/c screen glare or eyestrain b/c you need your prescription updated, or something else entirely

• Like x 2
  4. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

One time I finally found my glasses tucked away in my duvet cover. This was quite the accomplishment, considering the closure was at the foot of the bed.

And we don't speak of the incident with glasses and a lawnmower...

5. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

my prescription is too strong for the cheap sunglasses I want from the online store, I can't wear contacts, and I am angry because I'm sensitive to light and just want to wear aviators like my dad used to. >8I endless whining about desiring some aviators for less hissing at the sun.

also at one point when i was home alone and younger, our puppy stole my glasses and gnawed them and hid them.. and I was too blind to find them. so I had to get dressed and stumble blind to the family restaurant across the road and beg someone to come to my messy house and help me find where the fuck the dog took them. then got to deal with a gnawed section behind my ear needing sanded down for the better part of a week. thaaat was fun.

• Like x 2
  6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

The one thing I really hate about glasses is the fact that I have to remember to bring my prescription sunglasses or suffer the wrath of the sun, and it's annoying to have to switch glasses out :(

• Like x 2
  7. electroTelegram

this morning i couldnt find my glasses because i was sitting on them

• Like x 4
  8. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have actually gone: FUCK WHERE ARE MY GLASSES?! and looked for them all over, when I was actually wearing them all along. I swear, nothing makes you feel quite as stupid as doing that...

• Like x 6
  9. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Same. I'm so used to wearing them that I don't even see the frame anymore half the time, and I need a new prescription so when shit's blurry I'm like "shit, I need my glasses" only WHOOPS they are already on me face

• Like x 2
  10. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

yep I've done this too, on multiple occasions actually!

• Like x 2
  11. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

see my thing is sometimes the opposite where I am so used to my glasses just being on my fucking face that I will....go to leave in the morning without actually putting them on. and then I walk out the door and pause and squint and go "why are the trees so blurry?" and then....I realize.

eta: I'm not sure why my brain decided to start this with 'sometimes the opposite' because I'm?? not sure what that was in contrast to??? but that aside, this is a thing

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    • Like x 4
  12. electroTelegram

i have also lost my glasses while wearing them!!

on my eyes but also when they were like pushed up on myfirehead and a couple times when i had tucked them into the collar of my shirt

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  13. Technicality

I wore contacts for a while. I never got over the feeling of "where are they?!" so eventually I just went back to wearing them. That and I didn't like poking myself in the eye

• Like x 1
  14. chaoticArbiter

fun things also: leaving glasses on pillow next to my pillow so they will be there when I wake up, only to have them slide off pillow and down between the mattress and the headboard in the middle of the night, or fall off the bed altogether

• Like x 1
  15. chaoticArbiter

I also did contacts. I didn't mind poking myself in the eye, but I'd constantly fall asleep with them on, because unlike glasses, they weren't in my way if I just kinda laid down (not really intending to fall asleep, but then I'd fall asleep, of course), and so I'd always wake up with them like. stuck to my eyes or eyelids. it hurt. and was a terrible experience. so I stopped wearing them.

• Like x 1
  16. Technicality

It was a hassle for me and also I liked the glasses. I may go back to contacts at some point, actually, because they give me much better depth perception.

17. electroTelegram

oh god this

i leave them next to me for easy access in the morning/if i wake up at night and when i awake they are GONE D:

where did they fall
    in between the bed and the wall? in between the mattress and the bedframe? are they lost in my blankets? dud i get up in the middle of the night and leave them in the bathroom? aaaaaaaaa

• Like x 1
  18. chaoticArbiter

I FEEL THIS.

• Like x 1
  19. chaoticArbiter

huh, see, contacts were harder for me, actually, if only because for the first few days and the first hour after putting them in in the morning they would give me like. constant fisheye vision.

20. electroTelegram

i never went for contacts because i like the Glasses Aesthetic

probably because ive worn glasses since i was a kid but i dont like how i look without them :P

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice