how do i reconnect with an internet friend?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by electroTelegram, May 29, 2017.

1. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

our relationship didnt end badly we just kind of drifted appart and i'd like to reconnect.

how do i do this? is it okay to just message them "hello" or do i need to do more? is that too awkward as a re-introduction? we havent actually spoken in months.

2. KingdomByTheSea

KingdomByTheSea Well-Known Member

If I were in their shoes, I'd be fine with a "hello" and something like, "We haven't talked in a while, how are you doing?"

• Agree x 2
  3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I would think the latter is kind of essential. I am not a fan of just starting any kind of interaction with just hello though (online at least).

• Agree x 1
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I would be like "Hey! We haven't talked in awhile and I was thinking about you recently. What's up?/How are you doing?/How's life?/whatever variation you want"
    If one of my old online friends contacted me like that, I would be super excited and happy to talk. However, I'm not really good at keeping a convo like that going once we finish updating each other on our lives. I have a couple of friends who I message every couple of months be cause of this. So, if they're like that, you might drop away for a bit again, but if they were open to the first message, they'd probably be fine with another message whenever you wanted to reconnect.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice