How long before account activation email arrives?

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by goldenflowertea, Mar 13, 2018.

1. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

Convinced a friend of mine to join Kintsugi and she's waiting on her account activation...am I right in thinking it takes a couple days? It's been so long since I joined, I don't remember.

2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Iirc, for safety reasons the email doesn't actually send--new accounts (other than subaccounts) are manually approved by Seebs, to make sure that people who have their emails monitored by abusive parents or spouses don't have their joining the forum revealed.

• Agree x 3
  3. goldenflowertea

Ohhh. -Seebs is awful snowed under right now, do you think they'll get round to approving my friend soonish or will it have to wait?

4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Try reporting your main post with their username, if you know it. I know they respond to reports faster (because swamped) and knowing which account to look at first would probably be a big help.

5. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I'm going to ping seebs in the discord (edit: other mods more on top of things than me have pinged seebs in the discord) in case they haven't seen this, but if the account was approved at some point, there isn't usually a mechanic in place for letting people know (since the emails are disabled). The best strategy for your friend would be to just try logging on and seeing if it works, which I know tripped up one of my friends who tried to register a while back :P Sorry for the confusion!

6. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Yeah, the software can be configured not to send email, but it can't be configured to know that it doesn't send the email.

• Informative x 1
  7. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

Oh look a working reply button! Sweet! I live! ^_^
    Thank you.

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 2
  8. goldenflowertea

*POUNCEY*

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice