How to stop seeking reassurance.

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by ChelG, Oct 25, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Pretty bad anxiety/obsessive thoughts here, and I seek reassurance too much and I think it's making it worse. Can anyone give me some help on how not to do that? What should I do instead?

2. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Remember the times when the person you want reassurances from was really happy with you. also, you can get reassurances from people without asking them directly. Think about how the person acts when they are happy. usually they'll be more comfortable, more relaxed, more interested in what you have to say if they want to interact with you. if they are sharing their problems with you, that usually means that they feel close to you in some way.

Some people will not give you a straight answer if they are upset with you, because of guilt or politeness. some of us were trained from birth not to express negative feelings toward another person directly, especially if that person is a friend. if you are worried about a change in behavior of someone, try asking g a mutual friend if something is wrong between you.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice