I made a huge mistake.

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Laz, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Laz

Laz Member

That mistake was coming back here and dragging myself back into the shit I thought I left behind.

So, let's get it right this time.

Could you put your tumblr names here so I know who to block? Or you could follow me as well, that'll help.

The sooner we all move on from this completely, the better.

2. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Dude, chill and, while you chill, make sure to also not ask other people to facilitate or enable your maladaptive responses to your mental illness.

• Like x 8
  3. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I don't think you made a mistake at all. I think you need to hear the things that are being said. And I think you need to listen to them and stop avoiding addressing the problem. Kintsugijin aren't going to give you an easy out..

• Like x 6
  4. Laz

Laz Member

Oh god, there's even a forum specific user identity. I'll just leave then.

5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Are you here to get help from people at all or just to make increasingly overdramatic posts that refuse to acknowledge whatever is going on with you?

• Like x 3
  6. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I'm certainly not going to beg you to stay. if you want to leave, then that is your choice. but I don't think it's the right thing to do and I don't think it's going to help you--assuming help is what you're seeking, and you aren't just here to be increasingly dramatic because we're not giving you what you want.

• Like x 6
  7. Laz

Laz Member

I guess all I'm seeking is validation that I should be an awful person, or at least advice on how to better manipulator.

8. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

we aren't going to give you that, though I'm curious if that's what you're really seeking, because it seems to me that if you are, you would've been better suited going somewhere like Reddit. did you just not realize what kind of a place Kintsugi was?

• Like x 5
  9. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Nice try, but you'll succeed in neither getting validation to Be Horrible NOR getting us to clutch at our pearls and ostracise you for Being Horrible.

• Like x 6
  10. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you feel like you have to be this way, but I promise you, you really, really don't.

• Like x 8
  11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

@Laz I get the feeling that, at this point, you're actually trying to shock us into either coddling you or getting super mad at you so you can further convince yourself that nobody will like you anyway so you might as well be a jerk. Do you think I'm on the right track? Not an accusation, but an honest question.

• Like x 4
  12. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

I'm unsure what you mean by "awful person" or "manipulator". Those terms get attached to all sorts of people.

Perhaps if you clarified, I could help you out.

• Like x 4
  13. Laz

Laz Member

The second one. I call it par for the course

14. Lizardlicks

I don't think you've ever successfully convinced any one you're a jerk. Mostly because you're not.

15. Laz

Laz Member

Or because I need to actually do some convincing.

16. Lizardlicks

dude, look at you, you can't even convince yourself.

• Like x 4
  17. Laz

Laz Member

Then I'm going to have to get to work then, won't I? :)

Of course, I can't brag if I actually do. You all know me and I'd get caught.

18. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

You're bad at it, and it's not going to convince anyone here. And even if you go full-hog jerk, no one is going to be scared. Just unimpressed, disappointed, and still hoping for you to not be a shitheel.

So, consider option three. Not depression spiral or being the biggest jerk on Jerk Island, but... Talk to Lizard about the friends that miss you and how to get connected back to them. Look into help. We will help you find those avenues, there are many and a lot of us have taken the same paths. Avoid the creepy gropehungry man-babies. Just avoid them like they have the bubonic plague and you're a first-born noble son who needs to survive to adulthood so he can rule all of the duchy. They ain't going to rule shit, but you can walk away, and talk to your friends instead of playing self-flagellation emotions keep-away.

• Like x 5
  19. Laz

Laz Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Although, being that first-born noble son ruling the duchy requires me to play some serious Game of Thrones shit. Better start getting to it.

20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Who are you, again? My connection to the hivemind is failing me.

But for real, you might as well use this as an opportunity to do some leveling up. Trying to convince people who already don't believe you is like weight-training. Running the moment it gets difficult and blocking everyone here well just make you a laughingstock of a bully. And we wouldn't want that, would we? :)

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice