Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age 2 (a winner is me!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by blue, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Who should we bring to the Deep Roads?

1. Carver

40.0%
  2. Fenris

35.0%
  3. Aveline

5.0%
  4. Anders

75.0%
  5. Isabela

5.0%
  6. Merrill

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

[
    >let's get some drinks

2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i cant bring myself to rival Anders, cause i... Actually like the guy? The churchsplosion thing overshadows a lot of little details about him in the game, but idk. I feel bad for him. He was one of my favorite companions in Awakening and seeing how he continued his story is just so... Idk. I just can't rival him.

ESPECIALLY because getting rivalry with him means being a huge asshole and support decisions I can't make in good conscience, and from what I've seen in his rival romance path you pretty much become this... Abusive asshole?

Idk. I'm not #andersdidnothingwrong but I do have a lot of sympathy for him and it's sort of sad how he's demonized in the fandom, and how many people are really super happy to kill him.

Before I made Angry Revolutionary Hawke I friendmanced him with a Relatively Normal Person Hawke and it is possible to condemn his more extreme actions and still survive the emotional manipulation. Idk. I like Anders

• Like x 3
  3. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I actually do like Anders and feel a lot of sympathy for him - Gaider described him as someone with bipolar disorder and I can really see it in him, even if it's at least in part caused by Justice. Some of his worst moments remind me of my own when I went into mixed states.

But because I can relate it makes it easier for me to rival him, because I can totally see Hawke getting 100% DONE with his one-note obsession and increasingly extreme views and total unwillingness to give even an inch. It's frustrating to deal with and it isn't good to feed that behavior. Sometimes being harsh is required.

idk. My current playthrough I'm rivalling him - although not rivalmancing him - and at no point do I feel like I had to say anything abhorrent or abusive. Mean, sometimes, and sometimes I had to have Hawke make choices that I wouldn't necessarily because this game doesn't allow a lot of nuance, but I don't feel like I've had to make this Hawke, who is pro-mage but not REVOLUTIONARY!!! be an awful person as a result.

• Like x 3
  4. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Sorry for the delay, folks, I had to go catch some Weedles. :P I have so many weedles

>Let's get some drinks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >Do you know where he is?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >How do you feel about this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >Are you sure it's him?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

5. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

My problem is that it's really hard to get his rivalry without supporting the chantry/Templars in some key moments, because as you said, the game doesn't allow a lot of nuance.

(I reread my post and idk if you interpreted it that way but I think I spun somewhat hostile and I want to say I didn't mean it, I've just woken up and englishing is hard)

But yeah, I agree it's not really healthy to encourage that behavior.
    I think there's a difference in his romance and general rivalry? You get a lot more dismissive and "the mages are being treated like they deserve stop thinking about it" but it's been a while since I saw anything of his rivalry.

• Like x 1
  6. KarrinBlue

>Let's go see him

• Like x 2
  7. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

>By which I mean punch him

• Like x 4
  8. blue

>Let's go see him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hawke, this intimidating fist-hand gesture would work better if your wrists weren't phasing through each other.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Friends, I cannot overstate how many Invisible Sisters attacked me during this nighttime Hightown expedition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think this is supposed to be a generic Hightown location comment, but tbh, Anders..
    [​IMG]
    I agree, I much prefer the refugees to these jerks.
    [​IMG]
    Fenris, you're neighbors!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    How are you guys telling this from looking at the door??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

>_?

9. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

purple!

• Like x 1
  10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Maybe there's a pile of Fantasy Newspapers by the door which are invisible to the player. Like, they traded invisibility status with the very visible "Invisible Sisters." :::PPP

• Like x 4
  11. blue

>Maybe it's some kind of trick?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. KarrinBlue

13. blue

[​IMG]
    Suddenly Varric is the only person in the party. I don't think I can communicate this with screenshots, but: this battle is fun as hell. All of his abilities cooldown very fast, his health regenerates quickly, and the guards explode in a shower of gibs when you shoot them once.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See? Gibs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  14. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 5
  15. blue

@KarrinBlue I LOVE THIS BIT. I love Varric and I love the framing device of this gaaaaaaaaaaaaame

• Like x 7
  16. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I LOVE THIS TRANSITION

• Like x 2
  17. KarrinBlue

18. blue

[​IMG]
    Secure your emotional neck bones, guys, because this bit isn't nearly as funny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What a promising mob name!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (i don't want to distract from the fight, but why does everyone have a painting of that guy??)
    [​IMG]
    (thx.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Does he have another one named Munin or

19. KarrinBlue

excuse you 'that guy' is sir wallace kirkwall he founded the city and it's law that every house has a painting of him in it

u do not know how many times aveline has arrested people for not having a sufficient portrait

• Like x 7
  20. blue

@KarrinBlue ok what about that lady who's also in everybody's house tho who is she

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >What has Bartrand done?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >Where is the statue?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >Investigate
    >Where are the other servants?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    >_?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice