==> Kit: investigate (Open rp)

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by paladinkit, Jan 19, 2016.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

You stumble out of the safewarmth into a cozy, firelit room. Everything here feels familiar and homey, so you spend several long minutes kneeling in front of the fireplace, humming contentedly. A carving of a smiling woman hangs over the hearth (Brigid, goddess, your mind supplies), and you make sure to tell Her thank you before curiosity gets the better of comfort and you decide to figure out exactly where you've ended up this time.

The door behind you opens up to a large, open space that your mind instantly identifies as cathedral, temple, place of worship. Stained-glass windows pour color over the entire space, and you look around in wonder, idly curling a lock of hair around one finger.

((I am happy to meet anyone who's wandering through Holy Gate - @Scheherazade makes sense since she lives there, but anyone else can say hi too!))

2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Scheherazade walked down the hallway, humming an old song quietly to herself. She'd just finished the morning's chores.

3. paladinkit

You look in the direction of footsteps, and brighten slightly - the lock of hair you're tugging even turns a brighter shade of gold. "Oh! Hello! Um... do you... have any idea where I am?"

4. Scheherazade

At the sound of an unfamiliar voice, Scheherazade blinks and looks over. "Oh, hello. This is the Temple of the Holy Gate, in the colony of Kintsugi. Well, mostly in Kintsugi, the metaphysical issues can get a bit complicated. Do you need help with anything?"

• Like x 1
  5. paladinkit

You... don't recognize any of those names. Well. That's to be expected.

"Um... maybe? I just.... woke up in there." You point at the door behind you. "So. I mean, that's a thing that happens to me, sometimes. I guess... I need to learn more about where I ended up this time?"

Your hair is streaking with shifting bits of brown and green, and you absentmindedly chew on the end of the lock you're playing with in your uncertainty. You wonder if your friend ended up here with you or not.

6. Scheherazade

"We're a space colony. I don't know the exact location, because I am absolutely terrible at astrogeology. Frankly, I was bad at navigation-related things even back when we only had the one planet to worry about." Scheherazade blinks, and seems to have a moment of sudden realization. "Oh, I've been terribly rude by continuing this conversation out in the hallway, haven't I? Would you like to get a cup of tea and sit down more comfortably?"

• Like x 1
  7. paladinkit

You straighten and smile, your hair shining back to a strawberry blond. "Tea would be lovely! Thank you!"

As this kind woman leads you down the hallway, you say, "I'm Kit. I've traveled a lot, but my navigation skills are generally pretty useless on a large scale - I tend to just end up where I need to be."

8. Scheherazade

"Oh, it's no trouble. What blend do you prefer, by the way?" Scheherazade led the way to the kitchen, or at least where she remembered the kitchen being the last time she'd needed it. "The Temple of the Holy Gate has some rather interesting magical properties, so it's possible you might have gotten caught up in it by coming from somewhere else."

• Like x 1
  9. paladinkit

"It was time for me to start over, anyway," Kit says, shrugging. "And I like lots of teas. Hmm. Do you have anything like a spice tea?"

10. Scheherazade

"Hm... I'm sure I remember one that had cardamom, would that work?"

11. paladinkit

"That sounds delicious!"

Kit looks around curiously as they walk. "You said the temple has magical properties?"

12. Scheherazade

"Yes, it's... well, bigger on the inside doesn't really cover it, but it's the simplest explanation I can think of. It's also why getting to the kitchen may take a bit- if things have shifted, it might not be where it was yesterday."

13. paladinkit

"That's definitely different," Kit says with interest. "And cool! I don't have any clear memories of buildings that move their rooms."

14. Scheherazade

"Fortunately, this hallway appears to be the same. It should be this first door on the left."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice