Let's Go Steal a Dungeon (MotBM OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by The Frood Abides, Jul 21, 2016.

1. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I think I got this completed correctly, although if I can't use certain items I will change them. I got the background info stuff from the D&D5E wikia page, so while they included page citations where they got the info I'm not sure if this is actually true or homebrew stuff. But it looks pretty equal at least?

Stella Kirschmesser
    Half-Orc Fighter
    Level 5
    Chaotic Neutral

STR 18 (+4)
    DEX 16(+3)
    CON 16 (+3)
    INT 5 (-2)
    WIS 12 (+1)
    CHA 12 (+1)

HP: 37

AC: 13 (Chain Shirt) + 2 (DEX bonus, max out at 2)

Attacks: +7 (Battleaxe)/+7 (Shortsword)/+7 (Battleaxe)(Two Weapon Fighting, can attack with ability modifier. Don't know if I get to use another bonus attack with my second attack in a round, otherwise it'd be +7/+7/+7/+3, before any sort of weapon mods)
    Damage:
    Battleaxe: 1d8+4
    Shortsword: 1d6+4
    Handaxes: 1d6+4 (Throwing Weapons, for Range)

Skills:
    Acrobatics
    Survival
    Sleight of Hand
    Stealth

Saving Throws:
    Strength
    Constitution

Equipment:
    Chain Shirt
    Bastard Sword
    Master's Whip
    Handaxes (2, 1d6 slashing, Throwing Weapons)
    Explorer's Pack (Explorer's Pack (10 gp). Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.)
    Small Knife
    Worn Map of Farming Village
    Common Clothes
    Belt Pouch with 10 GP

Class Features:
    Fighting Style: Two Weapon Fighting (When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier.)

Second Wind: You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge: Starting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

Martial Archetype- Champion

Third Level: Improved Critical

Beginning when you choose this archetype at 3rd level, your weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20.

On Two Weapon Fighting:

When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you're holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you're holding in the other hand. You don't add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative.
    If either weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee attack with it.

Tool Proficiencies:
    Simple and Martial Weapons
    All Armor Types
    Disguise Kit
    Thieves' Toolkit

Ideal: Aspiration (I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.)
    Bond: No one else should have to endure the hardships I’ve been through.
    Flaw: I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.

I need to do the background, and I got through that partially before spoons stopped being a thing. I should have that finished today or sometime in the wee hours of tomorrow morning?

• Like x 2
  2. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

@missoyashirou The Extra Attack feature gives you 2 attacks in an action, not 2 actions, so you still only get one bonus action from TWF. (Though if you use Action Surge you can get five attacks in one round. Fighters ain't nothing to fuck with.)

I think you've got most of this right. I just see a few issues:
    Your equipment lists different weapons than your attack routine does (bastard sword, whip, handaxes vs. battleaxe, short sword, handaxes).
    I'm guessing from your skills, tools, and equipment you've taken the Urchin background. I can PM you missing details if you don't have the player's handbook.
    Half-orc should grant you the Intimidation skill (as well as darkvision, relentless endurance, and savage attacks).

Let me know if you have more questions when you have more spoons.

• Like x 2
  3. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

I'd like to point out at this juncture that our party is three-fifths chaotic neutral and two-fifths chaotic good. we are going to achieve a semblance of order and consensus so well, guys.

• Like x 2
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Hey, now, I've decided to go with neutral! Just neutral!

...We needed to switch it up a little bit. And mostly it's because I decided to take that classic alignment test for her.

• Like x 1
  5. The Frood Abides

@swirlingflight Looks like you've filled out all the questions, so that just leaves skills/languages TBD. Thanks!
    @missoyashirou On a second look, I don't think you've written down any of the half-orc benefits, including the ability score bonuses. I assume you put +1 into STR and +1 into DEX for your level 4 improvements. Half-orcs get an additional +2 STR and +1 CON.

• Like x 1
  6. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

hrm, I took the test and it said Lyriae was chaotic good. which is fairly accurate; she is good, fundamentally, in the sense that she's compassionate and has a strong conscience, but her situation growing up required her to put survival before morality or compassion. so she projects disinterest in others' welfare but is actually interested. and I don't know which one to put, because chaotic good is what she is but chaotic neutral is how she tries to act.

7. The Frood Abides

@esotericPrognosticator My mantra is "alignment doesn't determine actions; actions determine alignment." From what you've described, she sounds CN on the verge of a shift to CG: Han Solo circa Episode IV.

Also, we should discuss your background feature: I think other than that your entire character sheet and story questions are complete.

• Like x 2
  8. swirlingflight

I'm still missing 1 skill, 1 choice of skill to double the proficiency, and 1 instrument proficiency... And I think that's it. Gonna wait on deciding them when I get a chance to snoop on everybody's character sheets.

9. The Frood Abides

instead of sleeping I'm dicking around in MS Paint. ignore this

templates-assets.png

ETA: GRAPHIC DES I G N I S M Y P A S S I ON not pretty but it'll do.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    • Like x 1
  10. swirlingflight

Oh god in Paint? But there's no layers!

11. The Frood Abides

maybe I should download paint.NET again. I found that less confusing than GIMP and less $MONEYS than Photoshop. Layers would be tremendously helpful.

• Like x 1
  12. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

character sheet! it exists! sry it's late, mother is doing a meltdown

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  13. The Frood Abides

@thegrimsqueaker thanks! (oh my god haha the fucking wizard with 9 CON has more HP than the paladin) I think you do still need to list your equipment, though.

In case y'all couldn't tell, I am psyched to run this game.

• Like x 1
  14. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

>.< my thing isn't letting me edit the thing or copy/paste, so here's the equipment list, courtesy of screenshot + mspaint

also, bc the cost didn't make it into the thing, here it is: 43 gold pieces, 2 silver pieces, 0 copper pieces.

edit: oh my glob this is my extra-squishy wizard, too. random number god must be fucking w us

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    • Like x 2
  15. swirlingflight

Man, this party and HP.

So when I started trying to figure out my skills/language/alignment, I compiled a summary of all the characters, and I want to share it so we can look at these things in one place:

What are these health totals
    We are such a dainty artsy group it is fantastic.

16. The Frood Abides

@thegrimsqueaker thanks! you're good.
    @swirlingflight hey, at least Stella and Lyriae aren't going to die if someone breathes on them... Speaking of which, the entire party's healing abilities consist of Lay on Hands and Healing Word. Have you considered taking Medicine as your last skill?

• Like x 1
  17. swirlingflight

I'm considering it, yep! I'm just bemused that proficiency with herbalism kits is its own separate thing. If someone has medicine but not the kit proficiency, are they only good at stopping people from bleeding out?

18. The Frood Abides

The herbalism kit/medicine overlap or lack thereof has baffled all my 5e groups. It's almost as if the designers expected everyone to rely on magic all the time!

Since herbalism is necessary to make an antitoxin or a healing potion, I'd say it's more advanced/esoteric stuff than medicine. The difference between an EMT and an MD, say, or a barber-surgeon and a "witch" (both these analogies are imprecise and ahistorical, but so is D&D).

• Like x 1
  19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I can also prep CLW on later days.

• Like x 1
  20. swirlingflight

Ooooh. That works for me! I could say that her parents are proper herbalists, and she didn't have the inclination to learn the whole profession... but experience with party members getting injured was plenty motivation to keep the basics firmly in mind.
    (And I'll probably grab Cure Wounds with the next spells, assuming she lives to level up.)

Also... I need to confess something, @The Frood Abides . All this time I've been seeing your avatar as looking something like this:

froodgarnet.png

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice