my avoidant ass needs coping mechanisms, please advise

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Carnivorous Moogle, May 30, 2016.

1. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

copypasting from skype because don't got the energy to write it out again:

2. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Oh jeez. Witnessed, man.

Maybe asking someone/the chat to hold your metaphorical hand to keep you company and walk you through doing this stuff so it a) doesn't slide off your plate and b) so there's someone there for reassurance if it gets overwhelming?

• Like x 1
  3. hanka

hanka the sweetest double agent

i don't know how helpful this is, but i have one (1) single bona fide avoidant friend, and what helped him was me shouting at him to do the thing before 90 things piled up. because i am a hyperfocusing perfectionist, he could give me a basic overview of everything that needed doing for a period of time and then i would shout at him or strategically withhold fun movie nights until he did these things. these days, this is accomplished by a really thorough planner and i do a lot less shouting.

i don't know if this is the kind of thing that will help you, but if you can get someone to nag you, it's like having an extra set of eyes to sweep the place for clutter. and then you can replace this person with a planner/notebook. i find making lists really satisfying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice