My state is amazing (*sarcasm*)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by kmoss, May 1, 2015.

1. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Just gonna drop this link off:
    X

Hm, although for those of you who hate clicking links, I'll just throw the full thing up here.

2. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

Love this: "Don’t get me wrong. I have friends and relatives who are gay, and I’m not a homophobe or a gay basher."

It's good we are assured of this from the outset. Otherwise the content that follows might give us the wrong idea.

Sheesh.

• Like x 1
  3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

What an idiot.

It's pretty obvious that enough people are supportive of gay rights that at least some of those 77% who are Christian are in the pro-gay community at this point, but he doesn't seem to have thought about it.

4. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Look, im not a hater or a homophobe, but couldnt you just go back to NOT having rights or safety or visibility? I really liked that. Its making me sad to have to remember you exist, and probably lots of other people too!

Wont anyone think of the CHILDREN?

5. kmoss

kmoss whoops

i actually can't parse this first sentence. I mean, I kind of know what he's getting at, but....??? did he proofread this at all?

6. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

"There is not one state in this union in which the people have voted “yes” to same sex unions."

This is factually incorrect. Washington state voted to legalize gay marriage in 2012 I think. I'm pretty sure there have been a few after that also.

7. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

According to Wikipedia: Maine, Maryland, and Washington have had SSM legalized or confirmed by statewide referendum.

Delaware, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont have SSM through legislative statute without their hands being forced by state or federal court cases.

8. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Some people are just idiots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice