new here, hi

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Acacia, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Acacia

Acacia New Member

Hi Kintsugi, I was here briefly in high school and have since completely forgotten my login info. I know the forum is less active these days, but with the big social media platforms getting worse every day, I wanted to try forum-ing again. I just moved to a new city for grad school (!) and making friends in a new place is hard. I've been missing my college queer community and don't know if it's possible to find anything like it again. What I miss most is being in a community where everyone having a trauma history is assumed as the default. So far my grad school class is...not that.
    I've drifted in and out of fandoms for years, right now I'm mostly into queer SFF books. I just finished A Desolation Called Peace and I'm about to start A Day of Fallen Knight (new prequel to Priory of the Orange Tree). Some other faves are the Locked Tomb series, Ann Leckie, Becky Chambers, and Martha Wells. If you have any recs based on that list please send them my way!

• Like x 6
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

welcome back!

have you read Translation State yet? I just started, and it's giving me everything I ever wanted re: juicy Presger details

3. Acacia

Acacia New Member

haven't read it yet but i'm excited for it, it's on my library hold list. glad you're liking it!

• Like x 1
  4. seebs' mom

seebs' mom Yes, really!

Jesse Hajicek published a novel in that genre, some years back, called The God Eaters. Amazon has it. He's written a number of other novels, but I don't know whether they're available. Goodreads has a list.

• Like x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice