Sleepy badger disease

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Hisuian Typhlosion, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Hisuian Typhlosion

Hisuian Typhlosion Infernal Parade

Not new here but new account and new start to being social.

howdy!

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Hello hello! Welcome back?

3. Hisuian Typhlosion

:iguess:

In all seriousness yes yes!! Prior to new account I have been just seriously lurking. Feels nice to have a talky time outlet! Nixed socmed for a hot minute there. Was getting stir crazy having only coworkers to talk to, as much as I love them.

how are you?

• Like x 1
  4. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

hey!!! hello! i'm glad you've found a means for another social outlet!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  5. Hisuian Typhlosion

Thank!!! I think dipping my toes back into it will be a good thing mentally. Not as full into it as I was pre-hermit-ing, but a little blogging, as a treat….

• Agree x 1
  6. Lazarae

I'm good, thanks! :D It's always nice to have somewhere to hang out, but hoo boy do I understand the desire to go full hermit mode for a bit, especially with the way socmed can be sometimes.

7. Hisuian Typhlosion

I think for the most part this place has been pretty peaceful (I actively hated coming online to kintsugi for a time being but lack of self control with doomscrolling made me obsessively check, plus very unmedicated and unchecked symptoms syndrome)

have you been doing anything fun lately? I said this on my blogette thread but I’m currently cleaning my whole apartment and that’s…a task…but I am taking any distraction I can get and would love to hear if you want to chatter!

• Witnessed x 1
  8. Lazarae

I got a new kitten last month! His name is Caolan (keel-an,) he's four months old and about as many pounds of pure trouble. Also trying to make headway on my wips (would be easier if I didn't start a new one every week) and working through my video game backlog. I just started Signalis, which is interesting even if I have no idea what's going on.

[​IMG]

9. Hisuian Typhlosion

Goodness look at those ears! I have a void myself, he’s got a single white whisker and is coming up on his first birthday in November

Edit: hold on I messed up somewhere. Rest of message pending lol

10. Hisuian Typhlosion

Trying again

20BAF900-199A-4607-9044-3CAE8E931C30.jpeg

mood on the wips. The secret is to just pretend the rest don’t exist as they loom over you, judging you for opening a new file.

I’ve never heard of Signalis, but then again I don’t pay for internet for my place so I haven’t kept up on games I don’t already own on my switch. Despite not knowing what’s going on, can you tell me about it?

• Winner x 2
  11. Lazarae

Awww, that is such a cute voidlet! I have two, the older one is Valerie. She's four years old and *massive.* Absolute unit. She was a stray who got picked up by animal services as a kitten though, so she deserves it.

[​IMG]

Signalis is a horror game, which is about the only thing I can say with confidence. I was on a spaceship, and then I left it and was suddenly in a facility looking for someone I made a promise to? There are also what I'm pretty sure are people (Gestalts) and super realistic robots (Replikas) and I'm pretty sure I'm a robot, judging by the pointy and the fact I heal with repair items. A disease hit the facility, but it was apparently infecting both Gestalts and Replikas, and there have been a few first-person segments that took place elsewhere that I got items from. And despite not fully knowing what's going on, there's a really strong atmosphere- and not just the horror but there's a really strong sense of... longing? A loneliness. I'm still early on so things might start making more sense as I progress.

12. Hisuian Typhlosion

Oh man that is one huge loaf!!! What gorgeous friends that inhabit your space though. I’m definitely a cat person, if Bowie (that’s only part of his name, the full title is Jim Henson’s Labyrinth Starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connolly on VHS but chewy is haters and doesn’t like how long that is) wasn’t a handful on his own I would be owning so many cats. There’s a rescue/vet I got him from. He was one of like, five black cats? Two bio siblings and two slightly older “siblings”. I got him because he wouldn’t stop purring and was a puddle in my hands. He still does that, but now he’s big.

That game sounds interesting! I wish I liked horror :( I would want to play it if I could. I ended up getting interested enough to Wikipedia it and looks like part of the plot is finding your Gestalt friend/partner. Replikas are androids and have human DNA but were meant to do manual labor/army and that’s why the distinction between them and Gestalts. Anything else I read might have been a plot spoiler so I won’t say more :x

13. Lazarae

That is, perhaps, the best cat name I've ever heard in my life and Chewy are cowards. Val is only difficult in that she's scared of everything all the time, but she loves to snuggle as long as nothing loud happens and I don't move too fast.

It's been interesting! I'm a bit of a weenie about horror but I also really like it. I got to the first boss but she scared me so I had to quit for the night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice