Surgery maybe? (maybe tmi, i don't mention anything in specific but...)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by NevermorePoe, Apr 5, 2017.

1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

So, I went to the doctor about three weeks ago, and got diagnosed with a small tear in my abdomen (pre hernia, or very early/small hernia. He gave me a three week no heavy lifting/light duty to see if it got better, and its only gotten worse. Same doctor gave me a less severe diagnoses before, but it did get better that time. I haven't had the appointment with him yet, but i'll be making it when I get up. I might see him on the same day, the place near me usually isn't super super busy.

If I end up having to get surgery to fix it, anyone have tips? I've never had any operations at all done before, so I don't really know how they work. Will I have to spend the night, or is that dependent on things (I'm assuming it is, at least in part.) If I have to spend the night, can I bring my laptop, or is that even a good idea?

Basically, how does this all work, I just want a general idea.

2. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Oh hey, I literally just had surgery yesterday! (gallbladder removal)

so generally how it works is you get your date scheduled, then they give you your check in time. most of the time if it's a pretty non-invasive surgery they'll release you the same day. i don't think they'd let you have your laptop if you stayed the night, but honestly you probably wouldn't be awake enough to use it anyways.

generally they knock you out pretty fast for this stuff, so you won't feel it or anything. you'll need someone who can take you to and from the hospital, you absolutely cannot take a taxi/uber/lyft by yourself. you will need someone there to wait for you

3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Yea, I have someone to take me if/when i get it. and someone in the hospital too

• Like x 1
  4. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

oh good! the doctors will def run you through the steps and stuff too if surgery becomes necessary. they do try to make sure you know exactly what is gonna happen. my surgeon met with me last month, before surgery. she went through the procedure and made sure i knew what was going to happen. any good surgeon will make sure you know what's going on

• Like x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Looks like whatever it was healed itself, the cat scan turned up nothing.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice