Take Me Out To The Blall Game- A Blaseball Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Jemmy, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

What is the sociopolitical phenomenon known as blaseball? Simply put, it is a fictional game world where you act as a fan of any "blaseball" team and bet on teams as they go through seasons and fight to win the top title. Blaseball involves such fun things as:

-Players getting incinerated by rogue umpires
    -Necromancy
    -The Peanut doling out punishments for our sins
    -Boston being as bad in fiction as they are irl
    -Genuinely delightful player names such as "Zion Aliciakeyes" and "Comfort Septemberish"!

You can sign up for free here and you can join many people in watching the best teams possible! Despair about how Jayden Hotdogfingers has fucking unstabled a bunch of your faves! And eat peanuts!

• Winner x 3
  2. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

ive only just joined this madness but its just. so much fun. not in the least because i dont need to check it every single day if i dont want to

im a part of the hades tigers bc i thought it was the coolest but since weve just lost a bunch of our good folk to Fucking Jayden And The Umps im not sure if well stay this high up

3. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

so, we brought back jayden hotdogfingers from the void/null team and because of our actions of necromancy shes been beaning people and killing them all over the goddamn place. my team, the hades tigers, has lost SO MANY PEOPLE to her rampages. i still stan her, sure, but at the same time im in tears because weve lost so many good good children

• Informative x 1
  4. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

also the tacos are doing this which is delightfully spitting in the face of gods big and nutty

[​IMG]

• Winner x 2
  5. Camber

Camber Active Member

ohh hades tigers fan? we (baltimore crabs) were cursing your name a couple seasons ago! now I feel we share a greater enemy. (the gods it's the blaseball gods join us in our deicidal reverie) oliver notarobot may be contributing cool instrumentals to the garages' latest album rather than dead but boy do I wish we had retained him :(

glad to stumble upon a blaseball thread here. good luck, stan Pitching Machine!

• Winner x 1
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Picking a favorite team out of this selection of excellent choices...

Yellowstone Magic,
    Breckenridge Jazz Hands,
    Kansas City Breath Mints,
    and Philly Pies.
    Trying to decide between those 4.

Decided. Magic nerd references and perfect for haiku. And tbh I like cake better than pie.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  7. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

LAST SEASON SURE WAS SOMETHING, HUH

the tigers took so many hits from jayden..and now theres a squid......

and also i bought like, almost all the shirts and stuff from the store lol. theres NOTHING more metal that a shirt that says "DETHRONE GOD" but its about blaseball

• Winner x 1
  8. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

[​IMG]

WE LOVE TO SEE IT

• Agree x 3
  9. swirlingflight

EiyUPLKXkAAkjdt.jpg

as compiled here

• Useful x 2
  10. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN HAPPENING ADSGDHT

were taking a siesta next week which, in the context of the games, is so funny. the pitching machine is gonna have to party w the team

• Agree x 1
  11. swirlingflight

I've been affectionately referring to PM as the Peanut Machine since the shelling

• Winner x 2
  12. swirlingflight

Events so far have been exciting

The Receivers have been bouncing between teams, but not made more visible actions... yet. Though there's been issues with the feed.

The Fridays reached very early party time and threw an excellent one, some games had as many as 4 parties happen

The Monitor did indeed go to eat the most idolized of the shelled players - the Moist Talkers' Polkadot, intentionally offered for communion with the Moist One. Monitor ate the shell and spat out Polkadot, who was now a wee bit squiddish. The Monitor addressed us and made a somewhat threatening demand for something to eat.

And thanks to Wildcard, the Sunbeams had a chance to join the playoffs. The Crabs crushed the Sunbeams in the first round, thanks in part to the birds pecking Nagomi Mcdaniel - the legendary best hitter - free!

With her pregame ritual of cursing the sun, it's as though she was fated for release at this time, against these opponents, possibly to guide the Crabs to... Ascension?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

BLASEBALL???????

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. CRCR

CRCR Human Expresso

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. BOSS BATTLE.

• Agree x 2
  15. swirlingflight

Loved this Undertale intermission in Blaseball tbh

Also doing a worry: are these honey-roasted pods now static and not rescuable? Are they the sort of pods that could hatch?

16. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Here’s a thread with caps of everything that went down tonight, I was watching a movie so i missed the........... boss battle...........

we are all love blaseball indeed. here’s to the magic, may we stay safely far away from the postseason

• Agree x 2
  17. swirlingflight

A few people livestreamed the final league game and all the follow-up events, the videos I've seen around are:

18. swirlingflight

Starting the season with targeted shame lingering from the last game previous season sure makes for an experience.

great base thieves if we can just get on base.png

• Like x 3
  19. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the Garages are having a time of it. Mike's doing pretty decent (dang good, even) in the games he's pitching, but our running and hitting's a bit uneven right now. The game against the Moist Talkers was rough - Mike was parking it hard after the first round, and we just didn't have the run support needed to carry us the rest of the way.

Also, I goofed and bought peanuts because I wanted to try and see if I could buy just 10 or so, not 1,000. I ended up squandering the largesse I got from Eat The Rich, and it's that little bit harder to stockpile the votes we're going to need for elections.

• Witnessed x 1
  20. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Is there a way to know when games are happening? I keep missing them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice