"the fuck are those trees": a thread for old art

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by wixbloom, Dec 20, 2016.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I was talking on Skype general chat about how I've been very dissatisfied with all my art, but recently got cheered up after finding a commission from November 2014 which I was fairly proud of but which is just...

brunaweb.jpg

Ignore for a moment the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM that are the proportions and """"anatomy"""". Check out that weird stain on the top right corner! And the super bland coloring job without much of a color scheme, with watercolor applied without any depth or texture, and the weird clouds, and, - and here is where the title originated - the fuck are those trees??? The linework is passably nice but even that has improved a TON ever since.

The point of this isn't exactly to bash our old art for the sake of bashing it, but rather to laugh a bit and contemplate our improvement! And pat ourselves on the back a bit because no matter how many flaws we may see in our current art, we're past the stage where we made [insert embarassing piece here]! ;)

• Like x 1
  2. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

gonna tag @hyrax and @Acey who participated in the original conversation ;)

3. Southe-lands

Southe-lands A Cliff in Front, a Wolf Behind.

Aaaaaaaugh, not an artist but I write, and let me tell you the process of going back and reading writing from like a decade ago is *super terrible*.

Especially when that writing is self-insert Marty-Stu Inuyasha fanfic. *shudders*

• Like x 2
  4. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Very tempted to dig a few things up from back when I drew with a mouse D:

• Like x 1
  5. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I still has some of my earliest CGI on my website. I try really hard not to look at it.

6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

posted the remake of this fella in the regular draw thread, and i remember being SUPER proud of this when i first drew it. now all i can see is the drawing equivalent of a shitpost. its honestly a little hard to look at

old derg.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice