1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grouch's Trash Pile [Currently: Final Fantasy XII]

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Mercury, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mercury

Mercury 17 Quicksilver Scribe Tramples The Unrepentant

[​IMG]

New alt on Faerie! This is Laughing Fawn. I rushed him to level 15 specifically so I could get him a flower crown before the Little Ladies' Day event is over.

• Winner x 6
  2. rainbowbarnacle

rainbowbarnacle Cat Aggrandizer

D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW?!

• Agree x 1
  3. Mercury

At the workshop there are laptops for our use, and to make sure we get the same ones in days we’re here we put a sticky note on the inside by the touchpad. I’d taped mine down with fancy tape.

I guess someone else used it on the day I was sick because there was crap like ‘driver booster’ newly installed, AND!! They’d ripped up my fucking tape to put a piece over the webcam!

I’m sorry you’re paranoid, random asshole, but get your own fucking tape instead of ripping up the tape holding my note down! It doesn’t work worth a shit if both ends aren’t stuck to the laptop surface! I can share but DON’T TOUCH MY STUFF!!!

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Mercury

The Java course is also frustrating me. The language barrier is exhausting and some of the exercises are exactly the same as a previous one with a couple of extra bits tacked on... but they don’t bother to SAY that. I don’t learn by rote repetition, it just makes my poor adhd brain try to claw itself out of my skull and wastes my time.

Two assignments are ‘Desing an assignment with instructions, code, and tests’ and god, I REALLY hate that sort of thing. I don’t know why I hate it so much but it never fails to make me want to yell and throw things.

Not having the patience for repetition might make this whole thing a doomed venture, come to think of it...

• Witnessed x 1
  5. Mercury

It's like... in FFXIV, most classes have a set rotation of skills. You press your buttons in a certain order to do the most damage possible. A lot of advice on how to get good at that rotation is to hit a practice dummy for an hour a day until it's muscle memory.

I can do that for about five to ten minutes before my brain leaps out of my skull and runs shrieking down the hallway. I have to go into Actual Content, with mechanics to react to, to get the muscle memory down. I'm still doing the same thing over and over, but I'm doing it in a variety of situations, which keeps my brain engaged.

Doing the exact same thing over and over in a static environment makes my brain freak out. (I had an awful time doing data entry at one job because of this.) I don't memorize anything or learn anything.

• Witnessed x 3
  6. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Man, i think you hit on why i prefer healing/tanking over dpsing--more reactive. I tend to go RDM to get my Eureka challenge log done and goddamn is it mind-numbing.

I had the same issue with math in school, when you where supposed to do like a sheet of 50 of the same type of problem. Ugh.

I think it's technically understimulation? I know i can do *really* boring repetitive stuff that is muscle memory if im doing something else at the same time (listening to music or watching a video) but if im learning something it requires...slightly more brainpower that those things would be distracting? But then not quite enough to make the task not-boring. Thats hell.

/sad ADHD fistbump of solidarity

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice