The Grouch's Trash Pile [Baldur's Gate 3]

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Mercury, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Oh thank you! J had no idea what it could be other than potentially a scam, but this sounds much more likely... even if it is weird I'm getting those calls since I'm on unemployment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Mercury

Patch fun, Variant dungeons interesting, but as I suspected, the new emote looks... interesting... on elezen...

[​IMG]

Very deranged "I'm YoUr BiGgEsT fAn!!!1" energy with this emote XD

• Like x 3
  3. Mercury

Have an absolutely wacky thing my mom told me the last time I talked to her: one of my cousins owns the house that was in the movie Short Circuit and has renovated it and decorated it with memorabilia from the film, up to and including a replica Johnny-5 someone built for him.

I haven't seen this cousin since he was in his teens so I'm having a Time thinking of this cousin as a gawky redheaded teen owning a whole-ass house, much less a semi-famous one. (To make this even funnier, he isn't that much younger than me -- 3 or 4 years?) It's pretty cool, though, maybe I'll get to visit someday.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    • Winner x 2
  4. Mercury

The random pair-ups MC Command center does to my unplayed sims is always baffling, but sometimes really funny -- I saw two of the Partihaus folks had moved in with the household that's two young women and looked to see who was married to who -- and it had paired up both Maaike and Eva with Paolo. I wonder if the Open Love Life mod I have has had any affect on that, or if I'll go to their house and it's instantly double barreled anger about cheating toward Paolo while poor Ulrike is just trying to live her life in that now-overstuffed little house.

5. Mercury

Oh oops MCCC was set to allow multiple marriages... and nobody was attracted to each other. XD I just cleared the flags and moved them back into their own households...

• Like x 1
  6. Mercury

skldjflsdfj and I found another incidence of it doing that, except this time the dude moved out of his apartment with his kid to live with his new wife while his old wife stayed in their old one. He changed his surname to his new wife's surname, but it also then synced his old wife's surname? But neither of the wives even knows each other so it's ended up hilariously weird.

Even weirder, the only marriages MCCC has made happen has been these two multi marriages. I have it set to a low rate since I'm playing on long lifespan this save (until my immortal with ulterior motives has spread enough of his genetics, anyway >_>), so it's weird that that happened twice.

• Like x 1
  7. Mercury

Ok just a little more sims stuff (I was too worn out the last couple of days to do much else), but something that had me cackling -- my dude was stuck inside during a blizzard so I thought, why not magically duplicate himself to see what he can make his clone do? Except the clone turned out evil. After the clone broke his sink, then slapped him around a little bit after he fixed it with magic, his clone hits him with this:

2022-10-23 00_32_46-Window.jpg

This is so on brand for him it's magnificent. I would have kept the clone around just for the sheer batshit shenanigans but unfortunately, shortly afterward the game had a last exception and he vanished into thin air. RIP evil clone, you really will be missed.

• Winner x 2
  8. Mercury

Got me a soap hamster.

[​IMG]

I hope they keep making variant dungeons. The current one was a good experience solo or with other people, and I really enjoyed the puzzle aspects. Also: soap hamster! (I also got lucky and got the minion one as a drop during one of my runs.)

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. Mercury

I have this really fun idea for a lala alt who'd be a ninja with search info reading "Who needs friends when you've got KNIVES!" (bc Mad Dummy is hilarious) but unfortunately I do not like playing ninja. Oh well!

• Witnessed x 2
  10. Mercury

Argh. Every sim in my current save suddenly had a ton of days added onto their age, so the moment I unpaused nearly all of the sims in the world aged up/died. Even my immortal sim was suddenly halfway through his lifestage.

I don't know what causes it, I just know there's no way back from it once it happens other than turning aging off before it can process and manually editing each and every single sim, and fuck that. I think I'm done with this game for a while again =_=

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    • Witnessed x 3
  11. Mercury

Tired as hell because cats, but I knew this was going to happen. It's fine, I've been deeply unhappy with my sleeping schedule getting later and later as it gets darker and last night I made a promise to myself that if they woke me up early I'd use it as a reset. HOPEFULLY I can herd my brain into accepting 8 amish as a daily wake up time; it's not like I'm enjoying staying up past midnight, and I might actually get to interact with more Western Hemisphere timezone people if I'm up before their late night. I also know I can get more done if I have more quiet time to myself.

• Witnessed x 1
  12. Mercury

God the most frustrating thing is when I'm getting to a really good part that I'm super looking forward to writing and figured out a plot thing and something in physical reality bodyslams me and I have to put it off. In this case it was a headache that maybe?? was a migraine, I don't know -- I woke up with it and assumed it was from sleeping awkwardly, sometimes I need to switch pillows for a while, and it was managable until mid/late afternoon... and then it got worse despite painkillers and I was incredibly queasy and noise sensitive until about an hour and a half ago so I guess it probably was a migraine, huh.

It's still... there, kind of, I've got a vague front of the head ache that makes my upper front teeth throb, which is always an 'interesting' sensation. Let's hope I can sleep it off.

• Witnessed x 4
  13. Mercury

One of the small silver linings to my shitty childhood is having a wealth of memories weirdness and bad places to mine when I need them for a story. Right now, my protagonist is going through a shitty small 'town' that is little more than a blip on the map straddling a highway that is based heavily off of my memories of the one I had to live in when I was 8 years old.

The house I lived in is still there (or at least it was at the time of the street view photo; I hope it's been torn down since it last changed owners). It looks pretty much like how I remember it (+ satellite dish, didn't get those on shitty litle hovels back in 1987), and that was 35 years ago. It has hardly any windows so it didn't get much light; the bedroom I shared had one tiny window so it was ALWAYS dark in there, and the floor was so sloped that if you put a marble at the door, it'd roll right to the opposite wall. That house was the least of what was awful about that 4-5 months, but the way it looks probably says enough on its own.

Anyway. This isn't meant to be sad, but "lmao jfc look at this piece of shit". My protagonist fortunately does not have to spend more than half an hour in this place... but they're going to find bounty hunters on their ass shortly afterward, so.

• Witnessed x 1
  14. Mercury

Lost Saturday compeltely to the aftereffects of having eaten something dodgy; lost Sunday work-wise due to being a space case, and same with Monday (with bonus! stiffness and pain for having delayed a walk for two days making it harder to recover from the walk I finally did take, argh), but today I managed a really decent chunk of writing and got my voting in. I have to waive my right to a secret ballot when sending it via email, but oh well -- I never, ever remember to do it in time for snail mail, so it's gotta be this way if I'm going to do it at all.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. Mercury

I tried out Guild Wars 2 for a while tonight and it's okay, I guess. The character customization is very good and the plant people are really neat, but the start of their personal storyline is extremely generic fantasy that borders on childish. The combat is something I can see being fun when it's more involved than plinking away at monsters in baby levels, but after a few hours that was still all I was doing. All in all, this is something I might poke at occassionally, but I can't see myself playing it very much or for very long, especially not for how much all of the expansions cost.

16. Mercury

Made a Charr in my other free character slot -- they're big monstery cat people -- and so far I'm enjoying their personal story a LOT more. It's got its issues (like how the deaths of most of your warband is addressed in an "oh well, anyway" sort of way) but it feels a lot more like whoever wrote it actually wanted to tell a story, not just stick together the trope equivalent of toddler legos and call it a day.

I know that sounds REALLY judgmental, but this happens so often in stories with nature-y, druid-y societies in games that I can't stand running across ANOTHER incidence of it. GW2 is hardly the only game that fell flat on its face on this front -- FFXIV's White Mage quests, for instance, are just as bad. (If I have to cleanse another goddamn taint I'm burning that entire fucking forest down...)

Anyway. GW2 doesn't have a photo mode, but I did what I could:

2022-11-12 22_55_46-Guild Wars 2.jpg

The way their posture and necks are makes them really hyena-looking, so I gave her hyena coloring and stripes (not that you can see them, what with the armor), and since the most hyena-y face reminded me a lot of Aughra, I named her Aughra Trine (since just Augrha and Aughra Thra were already taken). And yeah, Aughra would probably be a magic user, but eh, I wanted to hit stuff with big weapons.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    • Winner x 2
  17. Mercury

Ah, apparently what I needed to REALLY get into this game was to play an adorably hideous little gremlin dude.

2022-11-13 14_44_14-Window.jpg

I was kind of >:/ about them until I realized that they look like little turtle people, and then I was like :D!! Also, their personal story is really fun so far.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  18. Mercury

Ok I like GW2 after all lol

Careening around as this arrogant little goblin dude shooting magic beams and summoning illusionary clones to also shoot magic beams before running up to the target and exploding is good shit. I'm also enjoying all the open world boss stuff -- I know if I see a bunch of players in fancy outfits congregate, I should join them because it's time to fight something neat!

• Like x 2
  19. Mercury

I am tRYING to resist making another alt for EU rather than simply moving one over but

2022-11-18 09_14_21-Window.jpg

He's so goddamn pretty ; ;

• Winner x 1
  20. Mercury

My cats absolutely refuse to let me sleep in the mornings, even though I've been going to bed earlier. Three days in and I am miserably exhausted.

I don't know what their problem is. This only happens in late autumn through winter, and only in the past few years. This year is the worst yet.

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice