The Hugbox

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

The concept is, say you need a hug or general cheering up, receive it.
    If you´d like to vent about why you need said hug, please put it in a spoiler so people who are feeling awful can skip it.
    Please do feel free to imagine this as a giant box full of people hugging.

• Like x 6
  2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

oh god yes. fuck. there are many things i want to rant about but always bite my tongue and remind myself that i know what to do and so why should i bother telling anyone? or, things i want to talk about but am afraid they will be found...

sigh. i intended to write a rant and hide it, but my brain is shoving that impulse under a trapdoor and covering it in concrete.

for now, yes, hugs please. *headdesk*

3. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I also like this! I have a hard time reading when hugs are appropriate, so this helps with that!

*hugs* @Kaylotta

4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

*hugs* as well.

5. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

major hugs, cuddles, and kittens to all that need them

6. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Kittens are good. /sprawling squid hug

7. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

My dad started treatment with antidepressants, antipsychotics and 2 kinds of tranquilizing pills a couple of weeks ago, and he's been muddled and lost some hand-eye coordination. The doctor wanted to institutionalize him, since he lives alone and has a very poor support system, but he refused.

Dad's an anestheseologist, which means he's also been unable to do his job and has been on sick leave. After a month, he'll enter compulsory retirement for being disabled. And his spending habits being horrible, he doesn't have anything saved up at all and has a lavish lifestyle he won't be able to maintain. I'm scared for his health, but I'm also scared for myself. I'm glad I have a secure job, but he still pays my cellphone bill, groceries and rather frequent purchases of clothes, books and other presents. I'm bracing myself for tons of emotional turmoil and a significant downsizing of my own lifestyle.

hugs hugs hugs

8. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

9. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

10. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

[​IMG]

• Like x 9
  11. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

hugs for @Valerie!

also, @Lissiel, thank you for the baby hugs. baby hugs are some of the best things on earth, imho.

• Like x 1
  12. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

We're moving the kiddo to a Big Girl Bed mainly because she's finally big enough to escape her crib, and she is responding by running around in her room and generally....not being asleep. Both my roommates have work all day tomorrow so it's just me with her. All of that is fine (mostly), she's a toddler and they're frustrating by design, but something has crawled up one roommate's (we'll call her S) butt, turned sideways, and died. I have Issues with people stomping and slamming and snapping, and she does all of those things when she's in A Mood. So I'm over here, already stressed, and struggling with my own fight or flight reaction every time she sighs too loudly. Oh! And kiddo has been having night terrors so there's a chance that could happen tonight, too. *flops face-first into the floor*

*passes out hugs to passerby*

13. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Oh god, as another parent? SO MANY HUGS. It is so hard to have to be unerringly focused on another person like that, with no sleep or downtime. I wish you all the tea and soft blankets and quiet peace there is. ::huuuuuuuugs::

14. SpergLordGamecock

SpergLordGamecock Cock of the Spectrum Walk

Anyone want one?

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  15. Nochi

She fell asleep sometime around midnight, did not in fact have night terrors (which makes me think they were connected to her being in her crib, or her little brain was just too damned tired to freak out) and I managed a solid 5 hours of rest.

(also the back of my brain is demanding I point out that while I am one of her caregivers I did not in fact produce this particular sproglet, that would be the aforementioned S. also also I am considering putting a dramatis personae in my profile for exactly this reason ^^;)

*gratefully accepts hugs, makes a nest out of the blankets and quietly sips tea*

16. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Eh, if you're watching her all day and getting up with her at night, thats close enough for me, tho how you wanna identify is obv up to you. :) either way, grats on the sleep, wishing you much more. :)[\SPOILER]

• Like x 1
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

18. Nochi

I honestly really appreciate that :) It's more how the roommates prefer I identify, though, particularly S - if I'm still here when she's old enough to ask questions we're already going to have to come up with a simplified explanation of poly to her, we don't need her to assume I'm blood-related, too. (I don't get it, personally, but I don't put the stock in blood relation that most of everyone else seems to, either. *le shrug*)

and thanks muchly, I'm hoping my sleep schedule can even out now @_@

19. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I don't have anything concrete to be upset about, so why the hell am I so fucking upset? I just don't fucking know. I don't know any goddamned thing. I hate how fucking young I feel. I'm almost in my twenties. I don't have to be completely together, but I feel like I should be more together than this, and I don't even know where to start getting better. I can't even begin to figure out where the root of the problem lies. I'm just. Kind of lost.
    Classes are helping. It's good to be productive, even if I'm not actually working. But all this close contact with non family members really drives home just how socially deficient I am.
    And I get the feeling I worry people? I don't want people to worry about me, but I don't know how to act in a non worrisome kind of way. If I am actually reading it right and I do worry people. It might just be my parents.
    Urgh. Sorry.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  20. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@tinyhydra: *hugs!* You will get there eventually, wherever 'there' is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice