The Movie Recommendation Thread!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Emma, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Because everyone has movies they love, right? :D

I like this: (mostly for the music)

And I've been watching Home a lot recently, and everytime I love more.

So recommend me something I can watch (I like happy things) or something you think I should see. Or something you found amazing or something that made you cry. Anything really! :D Share your favourite movie!

2. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Mr jones mr jones mr jones

I Love this movie so much. Pumpkinrot did the props!

• Like x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

this movie is about a family that decides to start a crime scene cleanup company, and have no idea the amount of work they're getting into. the amount of research that went into this film is awesome, and the characters are well rounded and perfectly imperfect. if i had to pick a main theme for this movie, it'd be grief and learning how to cope with it. has some very triggery parts.

edit: i vaguely recall maybe suggesting this movie elsewhere on the forum, so if i did, sorry for the double rec. it's just a good movie.

double edit: ALSO MAD MAX: FURY ROAD WAS SUPER AMAZING GO WATCH IT

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    • Like x 1
  4. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

@Emma did you read the book Home was based on?

5. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

@Bel Capricorn No, I didn't. Is it any good?

@Deresto I saw it when it first came out with my dad and brother in a SneakPreview where we didn't know what we were getting until the movie started. I loved it, but my dad and brother didn't and I distinctly remember getting into a huge fight about it because it felt like they were attacking my taste levels :P

6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I went and saw The Man From UNCLE the other day and it was super enjoyable, do recommend.

pacific rim is my fave. and I like the new x men movies even tho they have so many problems. and skyfall! I love skyfall.

• Like x 2
  7. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Song of the Sea and The Secret of Kells! Both are beautifully animated movies.

• Like x 1
  8. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

@Emma the title is The True Meaning Of Smekday, and it's my favorite book from the kid's section of the library*. I re-read it every year or so. The movie isn't completely true to the book, but it's true in spirit, so if you liked one you'll definitely enjoy the other.

*I say this not to detract from its value, but to distinguish it from my other favorite books.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice